Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Skills training in the South West- any recommendations?
  • Leadfold

Went along to see Tony Doyle at UK Bike Skills last year and was hugely impressed by the training. I may well go back again, but the three hour drive from Bristol is a pain.

Can anyone recommend a trainer or skills course in the South West? I can’t find any one on the Interweb.

whiter74
    Free Member

Did a http://www.cycleactive.co.uk in Malvern the other year which was good. James richards (T Moseley) partner was top bloke.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I think Clive Forth has come to town (Bristol) a couple of times, potentially via the Bristol Mountain Bike Club? Maybe see if he’ll be making a return visit?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Fully sussed for xc/trail typre stuff. Mrs J has been on a couple of their courses and rates them. I haven’t but they are all lovely lovely people in real life. Miost courses take place nin west devon/dartmoor.

Local DH semi-pro Ash Mullane also runs skills days, these are much more downhill based. No idea what the courses are like, but boy is he quick! No web links as far as I can see but I bet if you rang the lovely and new-ownered Dartmoor Cycles they would put you in touch/sort you out. His courses usually are at Gawton or Tavistock Woodlands just west of Dartmoor.

RayMazey
    Free Member
    keyses2

It would be worth the 3 hour drive to go and see Tony again as you’d get the benefit of the session being a progression from your last one as thats how he coaches.

Leadfold

Thanks for the ideas,

keyses2- Tony Doyle is still favourite (best trainer I have come across), just seeing what other options there are

greeble
    Free Member

Elbry Sandland does skillz courses

slowrider
    Free Member

Another vote for going back to uk bike skills/ Jedi here. I have a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there but wouldn’t go anywhere else. I’ve been to other instructors in the past so this isnt a blinkered choice, I just like getting value for my money! Been back several times now, it’s all about the progression, it’s so addictive! I’d been biking for getti g on for 20 years and was doing alright, saw tony for the first time last year and now ride stuff I used to think belonged in mental freeride videos! Still looking to progress of course…

jedi

life is about choices. cheers for the kind words 🙂

nickegg
    Free Member

Try pedalprogression.com.

I work with one of guys and although relatively new, they know their stuff.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Or if you like to ride like a girl ;-)http://www.katycurd.com/coaching/
    Katy is Bath way I think, Did the CTC skills course with her.
    I would also say myself (wiltshire) but I sill sorting out a venue with FC.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Skills training in the South West- any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.