• This topic has 28 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by 10.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Skiing 2014/2015 – Where are you going this year?
  • chojin
    Free Member

I’ll have a 1yo by the time the ski season comes about, but already I’m thinking of last minute get aways.
    Unlikely to happen this year, so g’wan – make me jealous – where are you heading off to this season?

jontykint
    Free Member

Obergurgl, like every year

Philby

After 4 years of going to either Tignes or Val d’Isere we are going to Meribel in March 2015.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Snowboarding. Chamonix in February. Avoriaz in March

andytherocketeer

expect this thread to pick up a bit once the weather starts to turn…
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-stw-ski-snowboard-thread-the-2014-2015-season

dunno yet. definitely a couple of weekends. can drive after work on a Friday down to Innsbruck, and easily ski one or more of several resorts.
    Prolly do Dolomites again (hopefully with fewer avalanches, and a little less snow this time).

Sam

Don’t know, all I can say is I really want to go, it’s been 5 years since my last proper full week ski holiday. Though most years I at least get away for a few days XC in the Czech Republic.

mikeep
    Free Member

Park City, USA, 4th year in a row. Jealous now? 😉

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just having this debate with the guys I go with each year. We have a group of 8 roughly half and half between old duffers who like to bale out early for drinks after a relatively easy day’s skiing, who are after somewhere quiet and picturesque, and us middle aged guys trying to defy our ages and try ski hard all day and party hard all night, so are after somewhere with challenging skiing and decent nightlife and don’t care if the village looks like a bunch of concrete blocks randomly scattered on mountain side.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m going whenever has good last minute deals from Newcastle come January.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Im one of the weird ones who skis and snowboards. lol.

Going to Belle Plagne over Easter, mate of mine is a school teacher so we’re tied to when we can go. Been 25 years since i’ve been there so will be interesting to see if i can remember it. Probably not.

rwills2
    Free Member

Mayrhofen! Decent place and top après ski

jambalaya
    Free Member

Verbier for a weekend or two. For week long trip in March either Club Med Peisey (les Arcs/la Plagne) or possibly Zermatt

jambalaya
    Free Member

Belle Plagne over Easter

@phil
    – the link into Les Arcs is new and worth exploring. I went to Les Arcs for the first time in 30 years last year and did the trip the other way a few times. The runs in the trees in Peisey make a nice change from the high altitude pistes of La Plagne and Les Arcs

robarnold
    Free Member

I’m a veteran seasonnaire but haven’t been out since 2011 due to work and family commitments. Very lucky to be going to Val Thorens in March with mum, dad, wife and 2 boys aged 4 and 18months. Back to my old stomping ground 😀

saosin
    Free Member

Currently looking at either Whistler or Park City if I can convince my mates to save the dosh, failing that I’ll probably head to Mayorhofen, Cham or Tignes 🙂

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Morzine for us this year and our chalet even has a sex pond!

drofluf
    Free Member

If I’m lucky I may get a morning at Milton Keynes with my son 🙁

makkag
    Free Member

St Foy late Jan Gays on trays on tour

devash
    Free Member

Mayrhofen! Decent place and top après ski

We went there this year. Stayed in a nice half board Austrian guesthouse outside of town as we were looking for a quiet one nightlife wise with lots of boarding. Having said that though the town itself seemed really quiet on the nights we did venture in for beers.

Boarding was ok with some fresh snow midweek, but the day we took the bus to Zell am Ziller was really memorable.

Living in Italy now (Italian pre-Alps) so will no doubt get a few weekends in locally once the snow starts to fall.

andytherocketeer

blimey. last time I was in Mayrhofen in the evening, the main bar shut at 8pm because it was already totally wrecked by legless dutch guys, and probably drunk dry of the global supply of Grolsch.

tend to go to Zell am Ziller (but I drive in for the day), or Kaltenbach (1 village closer to the autobahn), the latter being more likely if it’s dumping, since with the car in a free multistorey, there’s no snow to clear when you go home 🙂

will probably do Mayrhofen and Stubai this coming season.

Digby

Fernie BC for Jan & Feb, then heading to Chamonix in March. Also looking at a touring trip to Monte Rosa Massif.

nedrapier

Very nice Digby.

We’ll probably be back to the Lyngen Alps again. Too much to do up there!

Hopefully get a bigger gang along this time.

LHS
    Free Member

Vail thanksgiving will be the first trip subject to weather.

chrismac

Courcheval for us in March and somewhere else for Christmas that wont get booked until 2 weeks to go.

adyp
    Free Member

Aravis and Grand Massif – well it is where I live!!

beicmynydd
    Free Member

If it snows enough in Wales this year down the side of a slate tip near the dinorwig quarry.

Would love to go to Chamonix again but don’t think funds will allow.

Notter
    Free Member

Possibly mayrhofen again, or perhaps garmisch 🙂
    The French can keep it ( coming from a half Frenchman!)

slowoldman

Many years since I’ve been but yes, Plan Peisey was very nice. I’d like to go back to Val Gardena too.

Various Colorado resorts, various Utah resorts and possibly Jackson if I can find someone to come with me. I live in CO though so it’s weekend trips.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Skiing 2014/2015 – Where are you going this year?’ is closed to new replies.