• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by will.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • SITS course running in reverse this year
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Been and pitched my tent etc this afternoon and noticed the course is running in reverse this year , this means that the bank / hill on the right of the arena that you normally come down to finish your lap is now the first climb out of the arena !
    No warm up for them cold legs … straight into it !
    Enjoy 😀

mAx_hEadSet

what was that been and pitched your tent .. or your Ark?

Pieface

No Downhill finish then?

postierich
    Free Member

It is indeed going the wrong way,spoke to Pat and he had to rejig the course this Monday due to the worst conditions he has every encountered at Catton.
    Grass seems very long and even driving on to the campsite is tricky!!!!!!.

Glad i,m just watching.

Rich

Pieface

Seems the £50 PP entry fee is well spent by the organisers then given last years conditions 😯

eth3er
    Free Member

bugger.

crazy-legs

Course was that way round in 2005 when I raced Pairs there, it worked really well (IMO anyway…)
    Good luck everyone, hope the weather holds out for you.

Spud

Phew!! I wasn't looking forward to sliding down those steep-ish bits on my arse!!

postierich
    Free Member

Spud – Member

Phew!! I wasn't looking forward to sliding down those steep-ish bits on my arse!!

What steepish bits!!!!!!!!!

DaveGr
    Free Member

due to the worst conditions he has every encountered at Catton

Am soooo glad I didn't enter this year after the Somme like conditions last year. Still deciding whether to turn up and spectate yet though.

njee20
    Free Member

I've heard the course is appalling and the Salsa team are fitting their 1.5" Black Shark Muds as we speak!

cxi
    Free Member

Update from somebody who's tried a lap today:

…lot have done a practice lap (well nearly) and said it is very muddy and unrideable in many places. As a result they couldn't finish their lap as they ran out of time.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

sounds like a bag of shite

swiss
    Free Member

ive just been and rode the course , had to stop half way round to scrape the mud out. it is very sticky

Oggles
    Free Member

Sounds horrendous. I'm meaning to go and spectate if I can get on t'train with my bike. Could be fun to watch, though I guess it means they won't have the steep slip'n'slide descent if it's being run in reverse?

JonBurns
    Free Member

It'll be just like shooting swamp rats in Beggar's Canyon

Spud

I meant the 'relatively' steep-ish bits! The course isn't too bad. Mud tyres for tomorrow though!

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Enjoy your birthday Mrs Flash…. I told you not to do it!!! 😉

Dougal
    Free Member

The campsite this afternoon:

will
    Free Member

Haha. Wait…why am i laughing, i'm racing…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘SITS course running in reverse this year’ is closed to new replies.