Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Site running slow
  • gordy2
    Free Member

Is it my computor or is the site slow to change between topics?

druidh
    Free Member

OK here

Drac

Fine here.

bruneep

had to clear cookies/cache to allow me back in to site 😕

wwaswas

had to clear cookies/cache to allow me back in to site

me too on Firefox (and restart it)

IE and phone were both ok.

kept getting the ‘coffee cup error’ in FF. Same thing happened a couple of months ago with FF.

gordy2
    Free Member

Thanks all

stormtrooper
    Free Member

Since yesterday I keep getting the ‘coffee cup page not found’ when I try to access the ‘Bike Forum’ or ‘Chat Forum’ tabs but I can access the combined Bike / Chat forums via the main ‘Forums’ tab. The ‘For Sale’ forum is fine. I thought it was just our IT bod blocking access as I spend too much time on here 😆 I haven’t tried it at home so don’t know if it is anything to do with my work laptop or not. Weird.

Edited to confirm I’m using IE9.

Drac

Stormtrooper the tip above often works, dump your cache and restart your browser.

CountZero

Zipping along quite merrily on my iPhone on 3G.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

I’ve been experiencing problems with this site, so employed Flash bloker in chrome, and the problem seems to have gone. A check in Activity Monitor reveals that Flash player is taking huge amounts of memory, causing the slowness. This is the case with Chrome, Firefox and Safari. With Flashdance on, there are no issues. And it only seems to be the case with this website, not others with flash content (although some newspaper sites can be problematic sometimes0.

No problems on my android phone, which doesn’t use flash.

stormtrooper
    Free Member

Drac – Cheers, I thought I had done this but when I double-checked I still had ‘Preserve Favoutite website data’ selected. All sorted now 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Site running slow’ is closed to new replies.