Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • site rubbish in edge
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

As above, using windows phone 10 and site is annoying at best of times but in Germany the ads are constantly crashing the open tab (only this site so it’s definitely your end that has the problem).

Please can we have a forum with software written in the same decade if nit century pleasethankyou?

bearnecessities

Thee need zee pee.

alpin
    Free Member

i have trouble using this site on my phone (other than with wifi) here in Germany… admittedly not tried surfing when “abroad” (40 mins down the road).
    site will load and then suddenly i get pinged to some random website offering updates for WhatsApp. 😕

only happens on STW.

GrahamS

using windows phone

I think I see your problem … 😆

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

You and the other Edge user will probably find yourself at the bottom of to-do list.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Oh I don’t actually expect anything to be done about it, I just wanted to point it out so I could say I already have in twelve years time.

As for the os and browser, surely it should make no difference if the site was coded properly and not the code equivalent of a mass if gaffer tape and zip ties?

everyone
    Free Member

Windows phone user. Works fine for me, even if it (very) occasionally logs me out.

andytherocketeer

Not so sure it’s the site that’s coded badly, as such, but one or more of the 3rd party advertising things they must use, that has some dodgy techniques.

There’s a thread every couple of weeks about naughty redirects. Sometimes it’s Android, sometimes it’s iOS. Rarely Edge, probably because so few use it in comparison.

In my case, hammer back button enough to get a log in button.

Lots of people seem to have won an iPhone7. In the rare cases that I got a redirect, it was to something in German.

alpin
    Free Member

bei mir auch… aber mit Android.

STATO
    Free Member

Its been said in previous threads, a mobile/smart formatted website pays less revenue from adverts, so they would lose more money changing than they do when a few people stop visiting because the user experience is poor.

Of course having paid to be ‘premier’ I dont get the ads so dont generate that income but still get the crappy mobile user experience, its part of the charm I suppose… maybe

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Not a fly tipping thread then?

nixie

Adverts aside I think this site actually works quite well on mobile. Unlike a lot of others I don’t even need to use landscape mode to read it.

willjones
    Free Member

Oh. I thought this was the one about contractors dumping things in hedges…

As you were.

Milkie
    Free Member

I did read an interesting article that Edge on a laptop got a lot more battery time than Chrome. I think it was nearly double, so Edge does help laptops get a longer battery run time…

I still won’t use it though and won’t trust the results until an independent test is done. That will never happen because no one would ever use Edge. 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘site rubbish in edge’ is closed to new replies.