Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sink the Bismarck "beer" by Brew Dog – anyone else ever tasted it??
  • psychle
    Free Member

Is it meant to taste so goddamn awful?? Wondering if I have a duff bottle or something, 'cause it's **** horrible!!

firestarter
    Free Member

maybe its that ebay lark sticking in your throat 😉

sorry couldnt resist lol

scaredypants

it's about as alcoholic as a bottle of meths, isn't it ?

you thought it'd be nice 😯

psychle
    Free Member

well, I thought it might be drinkable at least! The only way this is drinkable is to smash it down as a shot followed by a chaser…

firestarter
    Free Member

sweeten it up with a baileys chaser i used to do that some times in belgium as some of the beers were very odd 😉

psychle
    Free Member

Oooh, a Baileys chaser… closest thing I have is Mozart chocolate liquor… would do the same job I guess! 🙂

nonk
    Free Member

Chuck it in the shed and clean stuff with it.

warton
    Free Member

closest thing I have is Mozart chocolate liquor… would do the same job I guess

LOL, you're a classy guy mate!

psychle
    Free Member

aren't I just? 8)

firestarter
    Free Member

lol

CountZero

At 41% I'm not surprised. I tried various Chimay beers brewed by monks, at around 14-16%, and found them almost undrinkable. Anything over 6% is just too 'thick' tasting for me, 5-5.5% is about right. I was drinking Adnam's Broadside tonight and that's as full bodied a beer as I could want. Lovely stuff.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Sampled a bottle of deus on Friday. 11.5% but tastes really light. Brewed using champagne methods. Bit sweet but not bad at all

Stoner
    Free Member

isnt "Sinking the Bismark" that game of floating a schooner of whisky (or anything really) in a pint of guiness and going round the table trying to add drops from your pint to the schooner without it sinking into the inky depths with the inevitable penalty to the unlucky?

scaredypants

no stoner, it's about hosing-down tab ends in the pan (a largely lost art since the law changed 😥 )

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think it was a bit of a joke. Did anyone think a 41% drink could be enjoyed like beer?

scaredypants

I wonder if the beer tastes anything like the contents of the pub's pan/trough probably do after an evening's sport. Perhaps that's the explanation for the name ?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sink the Bismarck "beer" by Brew Dog – anyone else ever tasted it??’ is closed to new replies.