Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Issue 146: Singletrack World Kitchen: Bacon Jam Recipe
  • charliedontsurf

Charlie whips up something that sounds wrong, but tastes right. Especially after a few miles on the bike. Bloody Brilliant Bacon Jam.

Words Charlie Photography Amanda

Imagine a world where you can take not two, or three, but four great things, and orgy them together to make one mega turbo awesome thing. Well, that world is real, and that world is the Singletrack office kitchen.

In this recipe I picked ingredients from four of the major food groups: jammy, meaty, boozy and stimulant’y… and created the new power food. Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to present to you bacon, coffee, sugars and whisky as Bacon Jam. Use this in the same way you would use chutney. It is great with cold roast chicken leftovers, and with cheeses. However, one of the best uses is in a bacon sandwich. I promise you that bacon with bacon jam is the stuff of indulgent food nirvana. Each small TARDIS-like jar contains a day’s worth of coffee, a variety of sugars, an onion and more than a whole packet of bacon. Brace yourself for this is foodie dark matter.

By charliedontsurf

Get the full story on our front page at:

Singletrack World Kitchen: Bacon Jam Recipe

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

charliedontsurf

so… gotta ask… has anyone tried making this? How did it go? what do you think?

I got some strange responses whilst presenting it on my xmas cheese tour around family and friends down south. At my new in-laws no one seemed blown away, However in the morning I was told “you best take that cheese back with you, we have so much”… “no problem, where’s the bacon jam?”… “You are NOT taking the bacon jam away”.  aaaah…. so you like the bacon jam ey?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.