Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Singletrack vs Bike Radar forum
  • edhornby

the commuting subforum is full of the most completely cliquey load of w@nk3rs

some of the pro race stuff is interesting for finding out about stories in the non-uk press that BR itself misses, and the way that certain posters are completely blind in their adoration to certain pro-racers who clearly dope, is really quite funny.

the attitude that only certain people are allowed to answer, yeah but it happens on lots of forums

this forum irritates me when people use the word darkside for a road bike, thankfully it’s kinda stopped. other than that I like it here

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

i don’t understood the god status of supersonic. didn’t he write for them for a while?

Northwind

grantway – Member

“Was banned in the end when people was defending the then cracking deal on the commencal meta 5 And was i not right I believe i was indeed”

Actually mate you were banned for this:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12639536&highlight=

With a nice wee explanation of why from SS- you were talking total incoherent fanboi pish :mrgreen: I thought it was a shame like but it was no surprise.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Can’t really see why you were banned based on that thread. Ok, so you posted unsubstantiated comments, but that’s what makes them opinion. Seems a bit heavy handed

Northwind

He’d been doing that for months. It wasn’t the unsubstantiated comments, it was the poo flinging. That’s just the final straw you’re seeing there.

Don’t actually know why Realman was banned though. I thought some stuff was blown out of proportion really, I remember all the on topic and interesting stuff but everyone else just remembers him talking about BMWs apparently.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

well, maybe but it is a forum after all, did he break the rules?

Northwind

“well, maybe but it is a forum after all, did he break the rules? “

Assuming we’re talking about Grantway, yep.

ivantate
    Free Member

banning goes against how a forum should work.

Anyway, which has the cheapest classifieds?

bol

STW has the cheapest classifieds. BR has more people to buy them.

STW is addictive. BR is sometimes useful.

I’m becoming a middle aged nichemonger, am moderately self aware and only really have time for one forum I’m my day, so I come here.

grantway
    Free Member

Actually Northwind alot of info i put on was taken off the forum
    so no one could see what i was talking about

The Commencal Meta 5 frame WAS breaking and was not strong has the
    Orange 5 frame. Was I right yes i was, but like i said a lot of info
    i put on was taken off so no one could see.
    What kind of forum was that

So in the end i did not give a Four X
    But the truth eventualy came out, and was i right indeed i was

Xylene
    Free Member

But there are never any decent forum wars.

Back in Thailand there were two dominant forums that went on baning sprees which resulted in a splinter group setting up their own Thailand forum and organising forum raids.

The hours of fun we had setting up sleeper accounts, sharing usernames, and figuring out ways to cause maximum troll-carnage.

Why doesn’t that happen on biking forums?

mooman
    Free Member

Its just so much fresher on STW forum, and so much more balanced.
    Ask a question, and half will be piss-takes – half will be very usefull.

I used to use a different mtb forum awhile ago. It had such few members, that it was very cliquey. Which made great amusement when it came to winding the lettuces up on there ….

STW always has an interesting topic to read, away from the what tyres, rant about trail erosion and are singlespeeds any good threads…..

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

a splinter group setting up their own Thailand forum and organising forum raids.

I seem to remember this happened here – there was a forum called mlehworld or something set up as a splinter from here. I visited once. Lot of gay innuendo – couldn’t work out if it was serious, ‘funny pretend’, or repressed real masquerading as ‘funny pretend’. Whichever it was, it wasn’t very interesting. I think there was also a splinter forum set up for southerners who were intimidated by stw’s northern grit, chocolate something or other. I visited that one once too. It was very southern, very audi.

Is bikemagic still going?

Jamie
    Free Member

Is bikemagic still going?

I dunno, but I believe Google still is.

Xylene
    Free Member

I miss the setting up a story and then dragging it out into a massive troll.

My favourite ever, was joining a Thailand dating website and pozing on their as a female. With some clever thinking I found several people from the forums on there and started chatting them up.

Over on the forum, using a freshly setup account, I started talking about this amazing girl I had met on this dating site, luring in the unsuspecting victims into discussing the amazing girl they had met on there as well (me)

Oh how we laughed at the end when I slipped up and went too far giving the game away. How I chuckled at the death threats and threats to my livelhood that they had been tricked into making fools of themselves.

Northwind

grantway – Member

“The Commencal Meta 5 frame WAS breaking and was not strong has the Orange 5 frame. Was I right yes i was, but like i said a lot of info i put on was taken off so no one could see.”

That’s pish mate, and I think you probably know it, there were a lot of Meta 5s that cracked but now they don’t. It was a specific run that did it and they fixed it. You were slagging the newer version based on the reputation of the older one and got it completely wrong. Over and over and over til it drove everyone mad. While throwing abuse at people and gibbering like a monkey. LOLOLOLOL.

rOcKeTdOg

I think he’s got a condition or disease or something that means he gets really tired really quickly

overweight smoker?

never been on Bikeradar, got a bikemagic login i think, must be a while since i tried

Houns

I only ever use Bike Radar for the news on the home page. I’ve just looked at some of the threads – Obviously the daily redhead was the first – Proving the forum is rubbish they think Alex Sim-Wise is her offa the MythBusters

And only one picture of Kelly Reilly?!

Quite pathetic

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I miss the setting up a story and then dragging it out into a massive troll.

My favourite ever, was joining a Thailand dating website and pozing on their as a female. With some clever thinking I found several people from the forums on there and started chatting them up.

Over on the forum, using a freshly setup account, I started talking about this amazing girl I had met on this dating site, luring in the unsuspecting victims into discussing the amazing girl they had met on there as well (me)

Oh how we laughed at the end when I slipped up and went too far giving the game away. How I chuckled at the death threats and threats to my livelhood that they had been tricked into making fools of themselves.

Seriously? I’m guessing there is no Mrs Quirrel.

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh I forgot, the majority on BR are really really really bad at physics. Mind numbingly stupid bad.

damo2576
    Free Member

I think everyone here is at least A level Physics educated.

Chris-S
    Free Member
    IanMmmm
    Free Member

Much better class of trolling on here, I must say. And I agree about the physics. They don’t have a clue. Can’t tell their neutrons from their electrons or their protons from their photons.

grantway
    Free Member

Northwind NO WAY your talking crap i knew exactly when and it was what they are calling a faulty batch, well they wernt stronger as they broke,
    And yes they did improve them, and commencal did replace them.

And this was by having there frames made else where and also at the
    the same time the company was making the Meta 6 and if it wernt for MBR
    mag testing them, Commencal did not know they werent made at the same angles quoted by them and then it turned out that the company could not make it for some reason.

And yes I did say I hope Commencal sort the problem out and they have
    has someone may/could have had a bad accident in the frame failing
    on the trail.

So no idea where you got your assumptions from but not from me.

RealMan
    Free Member

grantway do you just randomly slam on the enter key now and then?

grantway
    Free Member

Just looked at the link at Bike Radar and LOL at there
    responce to this thread

Pass Realman no idea what your on about.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Apparently I’m gutted about being banned from BR and apparently my 335d Touring is an entry level sh1tbox saloon (errmm its an estate actually) the same as a Mondeo/ Insignia.

This is from someone with a ageing Subaru Legacy and someone else with a falling to bits ancient Clio (not even a quick one). Not unlike someone with an Apollo slagging someone with an S Works bike 😉 😆 TBH a small number of sad cretins with no life do spoil for a few others that are fine – not unlike here really but with less humour.

That’s the sort of person that uses BR, that’s why I’m very pleased to be “forced” by a pair of hapless geeks not to use it.

The worst of forum users all in one place. Kids, fat bar stewards, old moaning tarts.

NZCol

It’s the Internet. Nothing is real.

grantway
    Free Member

Surf Mat just start up another account/name etc and thats it?
    BR does have a good road bike section though

njee20
    Free Member

They’re talking about that on the BR thread, they check IPs and have other ways of stopping people doing that. Lets be honest, anyone who’s been banned is likely to show their personality reasonably quickly anyway!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

njee – about ten people on here (regulars) have mentioned being banned. Doesn’t really say a lot about BR’s mods does it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

God, STW is so full of self-righteous folk who are propelled by there own smugness.

this was posted by someone whose log on is the big cheese
    perhaps they are just ace at irony.
    They really dont like surfmat so they cant be all bad 😉
    there was nice post that went wooshing over sonics head who/what is he – feel free to vent guys he will be reading.

damo2576
    Free Member

njee – about ten people on here (regulars) have mentioned being banned. Doesn’t really say a lot about BR’s mods does it?

I’ve always found Supersonic and Nicklouse very helpful, not sure if there are other mods.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Didn’t supersonic move up north and get married to someone he met on BR?

damo2576
    Free Member

Didn’t supersonic move up north and get married to someone he met on BR?

Yeah, I think the wedding list was at CRC.

Northwind

grantway – Member

“Northwind NO WAY your talking crap i knew exactly when and it was what they are calling a faulty batch, well they wernt stronger as they broke,
    And yes they did improve them, and commencal did replace them.”

WTF are you talking about? Hard to tell sometimes but no it wasn’t just a faulty batch and Commencal haven’t claimed it was, they moved production and changed the design to fix it. That thread is from after the change. So you were still blabbing on about the bad model after it was fixed. Not to mention talking total pish about Orange Fives and being dead impressed that they can do Climachx.

edhornby

BR does have a good road bike section though

this is true, some of the posts on there are quite informative, a guy called gotthetshirt2 has some fascinating things to say

iain1775
    Free Member

Ive found both STW and Bike Radar good at getting me to sleep recently 😉

How f-ing boring is this bickering??

julianwilson
    Free Member

Not unlike someone with an Apollo slagging someone with an S Works bike

😆 I’d say s-works = M3 not 335d. Yours would be about ‘pro’ level in specialized money, nein? 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Julian – correction humbly accepted!

Shame they don’t do an M3 Touring…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack vs Bike Radar forum’ is closed to new replies.