Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Singletrack Unscripted – Talking about mini pumps
  • Ben_Haworth

Inflation. It’s hitting the headlines everywhere at the moment. But what about inflators? Yes, we’re talking about mini pumps!

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Singletrack Unscripted – Talking about mini pumps

Gribs

CO2 for racing, and a pump with a remote head for everything else. Obviously you need a track pump at home. AS far as brands go I use lezyne as they appear to last forever.

tenscarymonkeys
    Free Member

I’m generally brand-agnostic about these sorts of things, but am a vocal disciple of the Lezyne Pocket Drive High-Volume pump. It’s not significantly bigger than a CO2 with inflator attached, and moves enough air to reseat a bead after burping my tubeless setup with under a minute of pumping. Have never used it to go from full flat, but it’s been flawless for my use cases. Fits in a saddle bag; very few compromises.

zerocool

All my pumps are now Lezyne (2 mini pumps and the high pressure track pump (although now I don’t road bike I wish I have the high volume track pump instead) and somewhere I have the mini track pump (although as I’ve not seen it in a while I assume someone has borrowed it) and they’re basically indestructible. They’ve been dragged around Europe in all weather conditions, strapped to bikes and left outside, used as lightsabers by toddlers and (on one occasion) found at the bottom of the paddling pool when we got back from a weeks holiday(?).

Never had a problem with them unscrewing valves but then I’ve always made sure they’re nipped up nice and tight.

Bookmarked! Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.