Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Singletrack or Hummvee 3/4?
  • Mounty_73

Just looking at some 3/4 shorts, which ones should I go for…

The Singletrack or Hummvees?

slugwash
    Free Member

Singletracks are slightly more water resistant and much harder wearing. Humvees are, IMHO, more comfy, better to wear in warmer weather, and have a slightly better pocket configuration. Hope this helps.

While we're on 3/4's, Altura Summits are quite comfortable and suprisingly water resistant. However, they have less pockets and balloon out a little like they were made for Tudor times or something.

jojoA1
    Free Member

If they are the same fabric as the ladies ones, the Humvees are lighter weight/gauge fabric and more 'nylonish' in feel. They dry quicker but are less insulating. The Singletracks are more like a canvas feel and a bit more heavy duty with less vented fabric behind the knee. They are also more fitted through the thigh than the Humvees. Your choice…

Mounty_73

Yes, I have the Hummvee in regular shorts and they are really comfortable to wear…been really pleased with them over the years…

Never tried the singletrack shorts…

Mounty_73

I think I will order both, try them and then send a pair back…

Just wanted to see what people thought of them. I buy a lot of the Endura stuff as it fits me well and its good quality.

nickc

Out of interest, how are these things when covered in crap? I've a pair of baggies (that I don't wear often it has to be said) that when it gets wet and mucky, just hang off me, and are really uncomfy, are 3/4 any better?

rootes1

i have a few pairs of humvee the baggy is good but i think the liner is rubbish – i wear 3/4 bibs under mine

might give some of the ground effect 3/4 a go got a top of theirs and it is v good

Mounty_73

I have 2 pairs of the Hummvee shorts and I agree the liners are rubbish!

bonesetter
    Free Member

I have a BNWT Endura MT500 Burner shorts size L if your interested – a good inbetween the two 🙂

Mounty_73

Cheers, bonsetter, but just looked at my Hummvees….XXL !

hughjengin
    Free Member

Both mine and my mates regular Humvees have fallen to bits within 6 months. Not sure if the quality is the same on the 3/4s but I'd be going for the Singletracks anyway.

ruddy
    Free Member

Had both and were great while working however, the stitching on the underside goes very quickly and Endura seem to wash their hands of them. Really disappointing as I have bought quite a lot of Endura clothing over the years.
    Preferred the singletrack short out of the two as harder wearing and muck repellant.

rootes1

had both of my humvee for over 3 years used lots – a zip has brocken on one pair now, but other than that fine (this is the outer as not really used the inner bits)

i might try some of these:
    http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/products-SHO.htm

Nick

hi, keep hearing people say the liners are crap, but I like them, if they are not being used I'll take them off your hands! (Large please)

jackthedog
    Free Member

They come up small, do Humvees.

I have a 30" waist – my Fox 3/4s are small and they hang off me, can actually fall down without a belt, while my medium Humvees are a little snug on the waist if anything.

How the scottish medium is about half the size of a yankee small, I've no idea.

PS I find the endura liners good too. Don't know why they get so hammered.

nicko74

nickc – the Humvees get VERY heavy and saggy when wet and dirty (to the extent that I ripped mine on the cable routing on the frame. Still wear them tho). The Singletracks not so much, as they shed water more, rather than soaking it up. Also, they're cut slightly more fittedly than the Humvees.

Slogo
    Free Member

Ive got the singletrack shorts and there great. wearing really well after 2 years there is small signs of wear under the waist at the back, its stretchy fabric probably me pulling them up. and they are not very water proof after a few to many washes in the washing machine!

Slogo
    Free Member

im a 34 waist and i wear an XL the large was to small altho the oakley shorts i had befor were a large and more like a 36 waist!

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

My vote would go for the 3/4 humvees ive got them,don't have any problems with them when wet but the liner is cr*p and not had(touch wood)any problems with the stiching.

epicyclo

All my Endura stuff is nice to wear, and it has improved my hand stitching skills considerably.

If you're not prepared to put in a few stitches, you may not like Endura.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I have both and prefer the singletrack, they just feel tougher and better quality. As previously mentioned the inner short in the humvees is a little snug compared to the outer short. Both are pretty good though. I actually like the inner shorts, but the leg grippers are a tad tight on my big legs.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack or Hummvee 3/4?’ is closed to new replies.