• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Woo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Singletrack Kitchen: Wild Garlic Soup
  • charliedontsurf

Let’s get this out the way right from the start. You are probably wondering why there is a wild garlic soup recipe on your favourite mountain bike web …

By charliedontsurf

Get the full story here:

Singletrack Kitchen: Wild Garlic Soup

tthew

Great timing, I was wondering what I could do Wild Garlic as stock around here has shot up recently and I’ve never tried anything with it before.

I am envisioning a Posey taking up about an unstuffed 1/3rd of a 10-12 litre backpack. About right??

kayak23

That looks delish.
    I’m going to try that.
    Nice one Charlie 👊
    No shortage on the majority of rides at the moment!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Pesto ftw.

kayak23

Pesto ftw

Yeah, we got given a jar of that. Lush.

chevychase

Really easy to make the pesto. And I like wild garlic leaves on BBQ burgers as it’s way more interesting than lettuce.

Leaving it late for the article though. Coming up to the end of garlic season 🙂

kayak23

Yeah, my other half was saying that it’s a bit late for it now unfortunately.

toby

Thanks Charlie!

This:

PXL_20230508_122924184

Led to this:

PXL_20230508_144414508

A good bank holiday mission.

Edit: got working image links at last!

leffeboy

looks great, but banned in Brussels at the moment :(, apparently due to wanting to protect the soil and a fear of overpicking.  Don’t know how much of an issue it actually is though:

Wild garlic in full bloom, but picking remains prohibited in Belgian forests (brusselstimes.com)

molgrips
    Free Member

My mate’s partner is Chinese and has done plenty of foraging for wild foods. When collecting wild garlic she accidentally picked some foxglove and almost died….

squirrelking
    Free Member

Top tip: my dog absolutely loves shitting all over wild garlic and I’d imagine he’s not the only one.

Make sure you’re well away from the path.

When collecting wild garlic she accidentally picked some foxglove and almost died….

Was it not lily of the valley? IIRC it looks very similar but doesn’t have the obvious smell.

csb

Daughter made this, similar recipe bjt added a floury potato and it gave it a lovely sag aloo type texture. Ace.

tomd
    Free Member

We made some at the weekend. Recipe a but different with the addition of nettles and chilli but was a really decent soup, would make again.

chakaping
    Free Member
    Woo

We have an ocean of wild garlic at the bottom of the garden. You are welcome to come and harvest it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.