Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Singletrack – Geneva to Milan – Mini Transalps
  • wm4wm4
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

I’m about to book a ‘mini’ transalps trip with a few friends from Geneva to Milan in September. The locations have pretty much been decided by price and time (cheap easyjet flights). We are all skint and have little time to spare. The plan is to ride from Geneva to Milan in 6 days.

I’ve no idea of a good route, but am looking for some long techincal fast singletrack. Has anyone ridden around this area? Or, does anyone else hav a better mini transalps suggestion? (based on easyjset (Ryanair charges £50 for a bike!))

Cheers for your help!

allthegear
    Free Member

Sounds like fun. Genera isn’t very high, though, so you will have a lot if climbing to do!

wm4wm4
    Free Member

yeah, ready for a lot of climbing!

Anyone else any thoughts???

stevomcd
    Free Member

What’s your rough route plan?

It’s 320km by road, so you’re looking at over 50km / 30 miles per day even by the shortest possible route. Tough through the Alps with big climbs and no uplift.

You might be able to get some lift assistance at Saint Gervais, Chamonix, La Thuile & Pila depending on the exact date you come through. Portes du Soleil too if you go that way. Lifts start to close at the end of August.

Guess your big decision is to take a more northern route through the Portes du Soliel and the Swiss Alps or more southern route via Chamonix, Beaufortain, Tarentaise, Aosta Valley, Lake Maggiore, etc.

wm4wm4
    Free Member

Ready to go… Any final tips / warnings…

Thanks ‘stevomcd’. Not really looking for lift assistance. Would you suggest the Northern route or the Southern route… We are still open for suggestion.

Looking for fast semi-technical singletrack… nothing too heavy and downhilly, all on hardtails.

Cheers

wm4wm4
    Free Member

ps… the bar bag is coming off when i get to Geneva!

peterfile
    Free Member

valve/sticker/tyre logo alignment all appears to be in order, so I doubt STW will be able to offer any helpful advice!

Have fun, sounds awesome 🙂

wm4wm4
    Free Member

I promise I never used to be like that!

Thanks, I just hope our bikes turn up the other end…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack – Geneva to Milan – Mini Transalps’ is closed to new replies.