Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Simon Danczuk
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

Am I alone in not giving a ****?

“Consenting adults don’t have sex or even meet, shocker. See pages 1,2,7,8,9”.

What would be illegal would be indecent photos of her at 17 – which the press *are* printing, depending on what you regard as indecent.

Cougar

You clearly give more of one of those than me given that a) you started a thread about him and b) I’ve never heard of him.

teethgrinder

Legality and age of consent aside, you’ve got to be as thick as **** mince if you think it’s appropriate to send unsolicited texts of even a remotely sexual nature to a 17 year old when you are an MP.

Karen is FaF, though – got to be kicking himself over letting her go.

outofbreath
    Free Member

You clearly give more of one of those than me given that a) you started a thread about him and b) I’ve never heard of him.

You’ve caught me out on a paradox there. Clearly I do GAF.

kimbers

Are we sure this 17yr old wasn’t a set up by the dolphin square illuminati ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Well he just can’t stay out of the news, can he?

Just a couple of days ago he said: “Why do we spend money in Bangladesh when it needs spending in Great Britain? What we need to do is to sort out the problems which are occurring here and not focus so much on developing countries. That has to be our priority.”

And this came shortly after he voted to spend many millions of British pounds bombing Syria.

Good riddance.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have a good deal of time for danczuk . His efforts in Rochdale are commendable, even if he has a little of the Vaz about his style. Go big with the PR to get attention then make your play. He’s also put mental health in focus as well.

Also, he’s not done anything illegal

But…

If you’re pitching against the worst of Rochdale you have to be cleaner than the oppo.

I is disappoint, but he’s one of the good guys at heart I reckon.

Corbynistas are going to enjoy themselves though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Corbnistas are going to enjoy themselves though.

Once they’ve got over the horror that it was The Sun Wot Dun It.

Gary_C

Are we sure this 17yr old wasn’t a set up by the dolphin square illuminati Corbyn’s aides ?

Danczuk has now had the party whip removed, so he will sit as an independent MP. He seems to think it won’t last long. A friend of his has suggested that there was nothing inappropriate about the relationship, so he should be back within the comity of his party soon. ‘In the history of parliamentary sex scandals, this is not a significant episode. Unless Corbyn is instilling a new moral code that he hasn’t mentioned before, Simon will be cleared,’ the friend said.

While it may not be on the same scale as Lord Sewel’s sex scandal, Danczuk can’t really believe he has much hope of having the whip reinstated. Since Corbyn came to power, Danczuk has spent a significant amount of time denouncing his new leader. In a column for the Mail on Sunday in October titled ‘Labour is the “nasty party” now – and Jeremy’s hate mob could destroy us’ Danczuk referred to the ‘infection’ that Corbyn brought to the Labour leadership campaign. ‘Further signs the disease was spreading became evident in Corbyn’s frontbench appointments,’ he added. He later referred to Seumas Milne, Corbyn’s spin doctor, as ‘an apologist for terrorism and a cheerleader for communism’.

If he is even halfway right, then the Corbynistas will take this opportunity to purge him from the party and make Danczuk an unperson – at least as far as Labour is concerned. While there may not be a new moral code in place, there is certainly a new political one: those who denounce Corbyn can expect to be punished. As the forthcoming shadow cabinet reshuffle should attest.

Makes you think, doesn’t it…

ninfan
    Free Member

Karen is FaF, though – got to be kicking himself over letting her go.

chakaping
    Free Member

Makes you think, doesn’t it…

Makes me think Jeremy Corbyn gets a bit too much credit for his supposed Machiavellian powers of manipulation.

It’s just a classic tabloid stitch-up.

poah
    Free Member

What would be illegal would be indecent photos of her at 17 – which the press *are* printing, depending on what you regard as indecent.

it is illegal to distribute indecent images of anyone under the age of 18.

outofbreath
    Free Member

it is illegal to distribute indecent images of anyone under the of 18.

That’s my point.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Why do we spend money in Bangladesh when it needs spending in Great Britain? What we need to do is to sort out the problems which are occurring here and not focus so much on developing countries. That has to be our priority.

If you saw the pictures of Rochdale town centre on boxing day you might understand the context

I also suspect the local Asian community don’t have links with Bangladesh

As for the texts, he’s a prat and should step down as an MP. He seems to be on a self destructive trip at the moment and getting out is probably wise

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Annoyingly, what you regard isn’t what makes something illegal. There are these things called “laws” which do that.

For example, I regard any picture of any bike that Stoner owns or rides as indecent. I only wish they were also illegal, but alas they are not.

anagallis_arvensis

He is quite clearly not fit for office.

kimbers

I think us corbynistas were just waiting for someone to come along and say it was all corbyns fault, it took 8 replies tho, which surprised me !

I can’t see Danczuc getting the boot, he may not see eye to eye with corbs, but he seems to be a rare conviction politician and I can’t see corbs having luv for a tedious tabloid sting

cranberry
    Free Member

He strikes me as a latter day Neil Hamilton – very full of himself and not able to comprehend that there are things that an MP just shouldn’t do. It is one thing to tear into Corbyn for being incompetent, but if you do, you shouldn’t be getting a bit noncey with someone’s daughter at the same time and expect a sympathetic hearing when the story comes out.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

The likely next labour MP for Rochdale

Labour MP Warns Corbyn Over Salma Yaqoob

outofbreath
    Free Member

Annoyingly, what you regard isn’t what makes something illegal. There are these things called “laws” which do that.

Nope, “indecent” isn’t defined by the law. It entirely up to the jury – you and I.

I’ve no doubt a jury might consider the images of her in the press with her tits hanging out of her dress indecent.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Must admit, it’s not a law I’ve looked in to greatly. Interesting.

So, why hasn’t anyone been arrested, then?

kimbers

Arrested at the Sun for showing tits ?

konabunny
    Free Member

If you read Private Eye you’ll have seen that he and his ex wife are paid for media appearances through a computer at that they jointly own iirc

He was the subject of Twitter “outrage” for tweeting Christmas dinner photos with his gf while others were flooded out (as if that made a difference). So the day after he joined the “outrage” against the EA chief being on holiday in the Caribbean while others were flooded out etc. Dick

brant
    Free Member

Happy new year Stoner. But.

I have a good deal of time for danczuk . His efforts in Rochdale are commendable, even if he has a little of the Vaz about his style. Go big with the PR to get attention then make your play. He’s also put mental health in focus as well.

Whilst commendable and valid for some sections of society, was spending so long digging into Cyril Smith’s history actually benefitial for the Rochdale people who elected him?

allthepies
    Free Member

The Corbynistas got him…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Whilst commendable and valid for some sections of society, was spending so long digging into Cyril Smith’s history actually benefitial for the Rochdale people who elected him?

Some MPs latch on to an issue and Parliament and the constituency is sometimes better for it, and probably is in this case

The problem is that there probably isn’t the support network for MPs like him to say put twitter down for a while,

My view is that his has done a lot to be proud of, some stuff not to be and now is the time to step down as he clearly can’t bring others to account effectively any more

nickc

50p says he defects to UKIP

MartynS

He went above and beyond to expose those in a position of power who exploited young boys and girls.
    People in glass houses….

ctk
    Free Member

I love it how when MPs get sacked or step down they actually keep their job.

simmy
    Free Member

I don’t care about politics and basically just live in Simmy world regarding all that so I’ve no opinion about his role as an MP but as someone in a position of trust to even respond to those text messages, the guy is an idiot.

What was he thinking ? Obviously not with his brain but another part of his body.

I’ve been in a simular situation when one of my students started texting me about personal things. I told her in no uncertain terms not to contact me again and ended our lessons.

Alarm bells should have rung about it being a set up……

jambalaya
    Free Member

Smutty text seems rather iladvised but hardly grounds for suspension. My view is its clearly politically motivated by those looking to shore up Corbyn’s support. His stance on child sex abuse in Rochdale and the perpetrators is all a but “inconvenient” too. I can well imagine those in the Rochdale Labour Party who will have been waiting for an excuse to try and force him out.

I love it how when MPs get sacked or step down they actually keep their job.

He will remIn an independent MP if necessary, no grounds to force a by-election. When you are eelcted its as an individual so if you bet kicked out of the party it makes no difference. It shenerally up to you to decide to Resign as an MP. In fact hou dint really have to even turn up at Westminster or local constituency. Its just how it is.

konabunny
    Free Member

I think the thing that makes it more than just “shagger can’t keep it in his trousers” is the fact that she was applying for a job and contacted him in his official capacity. It wasn’t just some woman he met at a bar or whatever.

Also, it wasn’t a woman but a girl. He didn’t know she was a child it seems but he was very careless.

Edit: btw I find it distasteful that The Sun is identifying the text recipient. Her name will be Google-tainted forever with his, which is a shame. I suspect the reason why The Sun has been sitting on the story is because they wanted to have her photos and face in the story but didn’t want to do it until she was (formally) an adult. But we are all just raw meat for the tabs…

Edukator
    Free Member

And all this comes to light just as the young lady in question is old enough to have a bank account with no parental control.

chip
    Free Member

July 2015: Sophena Houlihan claims she contacted Simon Danczuk on Facebook about a job in his Rochdale constituency office, near her home. Ten says later he invites her to his office.

August 18: MP messages her to ask how old she is – and when she replies ’17’ he says ‘Good for you!’

September 20: Mr Danczuk and Miss Houlihan share explicit messages and the MP declares ‘God I’m horny!’

September 21: Steamy messages continue with Mr Danczuk saying he is aroused and asks: ‘You want me to spank you?’

September 30: Rochdale MP confirms he is in a relationship with local councillor Claire Hamilton after they are seen kissing at the party conference and says they have been dating for a short period. Miss Houlihan claims the messages continued after that.

chip
    Free Member

He has behaved like a fool,
    But someone on the radio yesterday said labour was pushing she was a child, but at the same time want to give 16 year olds the vote.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Agreed @chip, she is 17. That’s young and his messages imho inappropriate but she is not a child but a young woman

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Some legislation defines a child as under 18 (protection of children act which is one of the acts covering indecent images, for one, and PACE being amended to reflect same).

And a jury don’t decide what is an indecent image. Academic COPINE scale which used to be used for sentencing (simplified version used now) has quite specific definitions, but images are assessed by lawyers/judges, not juries.

poah
    Free Member

two consenting adults exchange txt messages – really shouldn’t be in the news

nickc

Smutty text seems rather iladvised but hardly grounds for suspension.

At the very least his conduct needs investigating, and given his position, he can hardly be surprised he’s been suspended.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“indecent” isn’t defined by the law. It entirely up to the jury – you and I.

a jury don’t decide what is an indecent image.

Cite your source.

Here’s mine:

“Whether any photograph of a child is indecent is for the jury or magistrate or District Judge to decide”

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/h_to_k/indecent_photographs_of_children/#a24

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Simon Danczuk’ is closed to new replies.