• This topic has 89 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by poah.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Sience fiction telly fun ahoy!
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

This Friday sees Love, Sex and Robots S3 drop.
    Next Friday is S4 of Stranger Things.
    And Season 1 of Halo has been entertaining me.

We live in wonderful times.

Cougar

Yes! LD+R is amazing.

Riksbar

A new series of For All Mankind on the way as well.

dyna-ti

Excellent, cant wait and thanks much for the heads up 😀

AdamT

Also excited

Klunk
    Free Member

also

on the 27th

midlifecrashes

That’s all cool, but what we really need is a new series of Hyperdrive. Come on beeb!

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

From the thread title I assumed you were talking about the new season of The Orville which starts next month.

budgierider67

Star Trek Strange New Worlds looks promising after the car crash of a show that was Picard.

drlex
    Free Member

And lower decks season 3 should be coming in the Autumn. What a time to be alive!

doomanic

I hope LD&R S3 is better than S2, which was a disappointment after S1.

Some more Arcane wouldn’t go amiss.

ta11pau1

The Boys is back 3rd June too, so much to watch!

kimbers

car crash of a show that was Picard.

Watching Picard now, started OK, but now I just want it to end

Cougar

what we really need is a new series of Hyperdrive.

Delete your account.

😁

kimbers

Also there’s a 3rd series of Missions in iPlayer

Unfortunately its disappeared up its own derriere

thepurist

what we really need is a

big budget reboot of Blakes 7 😀

walowiz

Really like the look of LD&R, haven’t seen that before, thanks for the heads up.

Stranger things and the boys though. Excellent stuff.

martinhutch

Build-up was good, then one of the main antagonists more or less disappeared, another ineffectual one was created just to shoehorn in a particular actor, and the threat from the other one was just squandered. Plus I can’t stand Guinan, and dream-sequence episodes are shit. 🙂

Cougar

Really like the look of LD&R, haven’t seen that before, thanks for the heads up.

It’s brilliant. It’s a series of wholly unconnected animated shorts, all different styles. Some are pretty sweet, some are properly dark. It’s a bit like Inside No.9, if In9 was a five-minute cartoon. If you hit one you don’t like, it’s fine, there will be another one shortly.

A word to the wise though – there’s no running order, Netflix randomises it. So you can’t say “I’ve watched the first two episodes,” you’ve just watched two episodes. (Which was a pain in the arse when Netflix lost all my “you’ve watched” data halfway through.)

Del

S4 of Westworld on its way too.

fossy

Picard S2 was poor. Just mumbled on.

z1ppy

Picard S2 was poor. Just mumbled on.

Which is a disappointing as series 1 seemed better than the car crash that is discovery

Shirely it can’t be as bad as discover? What a pile of steaming shit, now they throw Star Trek Strange New Worlds at us… I don’t have high hopes.

IdleJon

I recently watched most of the first 2 series, got properly bored, and skipped to the final episode. I remember that episode vividly – it has been embedded in my memory for 40 years. The treachery. The tragedy of my favourite characters being gunned down. The ray of hope about whether they all died..

Although I found that the vivid memory I had of that final episode was completely different from the weird, car-boot-sale thing I watched. I know that programmes get director’s cuts and so on, but can Blakes 7 have had one to make it look ineffably worse? I was utterly disappointed in the whole thing, and decided that I must have been watching an entirely different TV programme. Maybe The Man From Atlantis? 😀

I hope LD&R S3 is better than S2, which was a disappointment after S1.

+1

ta11pau1

S4 of Westworld on its way too.

Oh shiiiiiiiii….

😲😁

Get in.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

No idea about Westworld. I love that. Got a dare for it yet?

fossy

Umbrella Academy S3 at end of June also !

darthpunk
    Free Member

For the Trek types, Strange New Worlds is a return to form after the dismal Discovery and Picard season 2

martinhutch

I recently watched most of the first 2 series, got properly bored, and skipped to the final episode.

In fairness I was six or seven when it came out, so ‘cool guns’, ‘very cool ship’ and ‘teleporters’ got the nod over shite acting, scripts, sets and costumes.

richmtb

I’ve basically resigned to the fact that Star Trek just isn’t worth bothering with anymore.

But some really good other stuff as already mentioned. For All Mankind is definitely worth signing up to Apple for a month

chevychase

Why all the good TV in the summer?

Why not when it’s dark dank and wet out?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Oh wow. I’m a bit of a nerd so For All Mankind is on my essential watch list, might as well use the £5 per month Apple TV for something.

There’s a sequel to The Man Who Fell to Earth too, featuring not just one Englishman who could be a little bit otherworldly, but two (Chiwetel Ejiofor and Bill Nighy respectively). Oh and Miss Moneypenny is in it too.

From what I’ve seen, Strange New Worlds is a return to stand alone episodes that don’t necessarily have a long story-arc.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed Severance and Raised By Wolves recently.

But yes Picard and star trek discovery were both awful. And Another Life.

I saw some people complain star trek was awful because it had “gone woke” though which is absurd. It’s always been progressive by the standards of its time hasn’t it?

CountZero

I read about a new Predator movie earlier today, called ‘Prey’. It’s a prelude, set 300 years ago. What’s intriguing is that it’s set in the Comanche Nation, and all of the cast, or at least main cast, are Indigenous First Nations. It’s on Hulu and Disney+, which is a pain, as I don’t subscribe, but there’s enough on Disney + to possibly make it worthwhile.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

sanchez89

Thought halo was US only?

malv173
    Free Member

Umbrella Academy S3 at end of June

Really enjoyed the first two series of that.

defblade
    Free Member

I recently watched most of the first 2 series, got properly bored, and skipped to the final episode.

Series 2 was dreadful. Basically every episode, Cally mentally “hears” a distress call which gets them all in trouble, gets taken over by an alien that gets them all in trouble, has a vision that gets them all in trouble… when we rewatched them all, spent most of S2 yelling “chuck the telepath out of the airlock!”

After that, Servalan/Avon gets going properly, then S4 the Scorpio and (yummy) Soolin turn up and things get much better 😉

montgomery
    Free Member

I was going to sack off Prime to cut costs until you mentioned Season Three of The Boys is about to drop, damn you. Best thing on TV (all of it, everywhere).

The rest (Westworld, Star Trek etc) can get in the sea. S03 of ST was garbage, but I’m waiting for Better Call Saul to build up a few episodes before a month’s binge-and-run payment, so I guess I’ll check that out; the trailer looks interesting.

richmtb

I saw some people complain star trek was awful because it had “gone woke” though which is absurd. It’s always been progressive by the standards of its time hasn’t it?

Arseholes complain that Star Trek is bad because its gone woke. It suits their knuckle dragging agenda.

Star Trek is bad because it abandoned the intelligent, optimistic outlook it had in favour of dumb, nihilistic action centred stories with poorly written fan service shoe horned in to appear “relevant” to existing fans. Its nothing to do with gay engineers

The Expanse was full of diverse interesting characters and no one accused it of being “woke” mainly because it was actually good.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.