Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • show me your tiny tents……………please
  • grahamb
    Free Member

sputnik
    Free Member

Del

hth.

Surfr
    Free Member

Pfft. Far too many HUGE tents in this thread.

Integral Designs – Unishelter

http://www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?id=689&CFID=1619646&CFTOKEN=25459220

jfeb
    Free Member

Just out of interest, the shots of tiny tents in the back of beyond (awesome photos by the way) – are you strictly speaking allowed to camp in those sorts of locations or do you have to be a bit cheeky?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think all encompassing answer is that it is wiser to seek forgiveness than permission.

slugwash
    Free Member

It might not've be the one of the smallest tents at CLIC24 but by the morning it was one of the flatest….

epicsteve
    Free Member

Just out of interest, the shots of tiny tents in the back of beyond (awesome photos by the way) – are you strictly speaking allowed to camp in those sorts of locations or do you have to be a bit cheeky?

The ones in Scotland, including mine, will be have been legit as the access legislation up here allows it.

Pukz
    Free Member

Hey Del,

Where did you get that big parachute looking shelter! I need 1!
    😀

Del

you can buy this one if you like Pukz, and you're local enough to collect it.
    you in the SW?
    50 quid.
    it's a drogue chute. sort of a mushroom shape in it's original guise. you can see where we cut it on the RHS, and there's another, similar size opening on the LHS.
    think the 'chute itself cost 45 or 50 quid on ebay IIRC.

grahamb
    Free Member

It's a bit like riding on footpaths IME. If you do discretely people don't seem to object.

ebygomm
    Free Member

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Del if Pukz doesn't take it off your hands I definately will, looks ideal for group meets etc??????

if he does buy it off you can you send me info how to make one???

my email in my profile

thanks

Pete

parkesie
    Free Member

Small tent shit location CWM

Small tent best campsite in the world

Pukz
    Free Member

Del,

Thanks for the offer but SW is gonna a bit far out for me I'm afraid! Cheers for the ebay heads up though.

Pete, It's all yours …..In-fact group meets is what I am looking at this sort of thing for!

Tiger6791

Our Tiny Tent after the a Very! very windy Le Mans.(2007)

parkesie
    Free Member

Haha tiger thats a familiar site 🙂 we had one fall over in the night at sleepless we were all sleeping under it .

boblo
    Free Member

Climbing in Nepal….

Climbing in Morroco….

Channel2Med touring in France…

jfeb
    Free Member

parkesie – And the best campsite in the world is where?

ebygomm
    Free Member

parkesie
    Free Member

15 mins from coedy on little farm on the estuary.

rope swings open fires and the scenery.

cant forget the shower straight off the water main 🙂

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

This is turning into a "look where I've been" w@nkfest, some of those tents are ginormous.

Oh, go on then, proper mountains….

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Tony, all the tents in the pics are stashed for winter in my loft, except one of the light green/black ones which is a mates, you are very welcome to borrow any of them.

grantway
    Free Member

LOL Sputnik bed the bike and let your Mrs sleep outside 😯

kennyp
    Free Member

Cairngorms

Sierra Nevadas

Sierra Nevadas again.

Iceland

kennyp
    Free Member

Gordy do you ever use the Akto without the inner? Is it warm enough in Summer? Planning to wild camp as a 2 this summer and this would save weight.

The inner is so small and light that I reckon you'd be as well taking it just in case it rains.

Del

Pete,
    YHM.

Gordy
    Free Member

Gordy do you ever use the Akto without the inner?

Sorry, Sandwich, I've only just noticed your question. I've only pitched it with the outer alone on long walks when the weather was particularly Scottish, having removed the inner to pack it away separately nice and dry with a view to hooking the inner back in once the shell was up. I can't imagine you'd have any problems just leaving the inner at home, other than the wee midgie bastards and they've had a bit of a kickin this winter anyway.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Someone suggested the longer you're using it, the smaller it should be.
    I've got the opposite experience.

Voyager is a 2 man tent and lets you "breath" and be less cooped up on multi day treks. If you're closed down with in poor weather, it's bliss to have some room for "everything" and not play sardines.

oxnop
    Free Member

pavey ark – wild camping

And 'wherever we could find' climbing in northern Italy (Cortina I think)

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

definitely encouraged me to go wild camping on my bike some time!

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘show me your tiny tents……………please’ is closed to new replies.