Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • show me your – Rohloffed hardtails
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

stuck in the jungle – on sunday before i left i agreed to buy a lovely thorn raven enduro – as a donor bike for a ragley td-1 – is 1900grams a good figure to use as the weight for a rohloff set up with clickbox ?

let me see your rohloff contraptions and ideas !

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thorn Raven Enduro with Magura thors up front

Its previous incarnation with 'Zocchi AMIIs

and the bike that started it all, Cotic Simple:

But I didn't get on with the track-end dropouts

Lynskey

Robin Mather

Gary Fisher

And back from the days when I was still on training wheels…
    Santa Cruz

singlespeedstu

I'd show you mine but you've seen it enough times already mate.

Oh and i sold the rohloff bit of it. 😉

flamejob
    Free Member

I have to post this every time there is a thread like this…

trail_rat
    Free Member

haha – im going to try it in the td-1 see how it goes – i "think" i can build it into a sub 23lb bike without going mental(ok XTR chainset , pedals and hope x2 Race brakes but no carbon except forks) – dependant on the weight of brants new forks

bought that off a mate – its too small for me but i want the hub, chainset,brakes and the forks off it so it made economical sense – also i can ride it – must be a S(XL)(for short legs and long torso on the thorn site) as its plenty long for a comfy to ride bike with that stem but need the seat post at that height – and the saddle back – id just taken it for a test ride in that photo

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Flamejob, i still love that. Did you have a pic of the frame design drawing? I'd like to know how it was spec'd. Weld detail and projected views etc. Thinking of doing something similar.

woodsman
    Free Member

trail_rat shame I didn't know earlier may have made you an offer on the frame as it's too small for you. My Raven Enduro has just gone back to Thorn for new down tube and head tube replacement!

The size is stamped on the BB shell, mine is 559M. What do you have on yours?

Pete

trail_rat
    Free Member

id tell you but im in the jungle atm

on a 6 week stint in malabo , equitorial guinea.

my mate hasnt actually told me the size – its unimportant to me as i know he is not as big as me- im 6 ft 3 and i really wanted the bits more than the frame

Futureboy77

I a guy pushing what looks like that very bike in Aberdeen train station a few weeks ago. Was that you Trail Rat?
    Reason i ask is that the saddle was set up like the foto above and i thought why on earth have a lay back thomson and the flite sitting way forward on it!

trail_rat
    Free Member

thatll be the boy im buying it from futureboy

he commutes in and out from the north side of town on it , he gets the train occasionally – i would too 😉

make do and mend kinda guy – could buy an inline but what difference would it make if you can have a layback (that came with bike) and push seat forward ?

replacing it with a more road friendly bike for the journey

Futureboy77

Looked like a nice bike. I had a hankering for one of those a few years ago.

trail_rat
    Free Member

did i read you were in stonehaven futureboy ?

im in auchenblae. – you ride swanley ?

Futureboy77

Yeah i ride around there. Not happening as much as i'd like between an 18 month old kid, a 7 month pregnant wife and visits offshore! 😕

trail_rat
    Free Member

someones been a busy boy haha.

just negotiated 10 days off – not out of my holiday quota when i get back – gonna rebed in that rohloff over that period thats for sure !

Rip
    Free Member

Van Nicholas Zion belt drive.

Scott Scale RC

woodsman
    Free Member

trail_rat – I guess I'm trying to say I just may, just may at the moment be interested in the frame if you have no use for it.

Email me when you get back with the size stamped on the BB, and an offer I can't refuse and who know's…… 😉 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

will do not flying back till september 27th but ill let you know !

woodsman
    Free Member

That's fine, email details in profile – cheers!

Pete

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Rip – what gear ratio is that on the Van Nicholas?

Rip
    Free Member

It's 2.63 (50/19).

So, does anyone else race a Rohloff ?
    I use mine for trailquests (did I mention I ride trailquests ?) and marathons.
    I've seen a few others at events, but apart from one guy regularly trailquesting, I don't think I've ever seen the same one twice.

trail_rat
    Free Member

will decide that once ive ridden it 😉

woodsman
    Free Member

I did the Big Dog last year on it, would have been great this year with all the mud, if I hadn't bust the frame teo weeks before!

epicyclo

Not quite a hardtail.

Cnoc Farrel by epicyclo][/url]

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘show me your – Rohloffed hardtails’ is closed to new replies.