Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 138 total)
  • Show me your Bfe's!
  • mboy
    Free Member

Here’s my old one… To be fair, I think I was probably on the cusp of needing a medium rather than the small, even as a playbike. I liked it, but it felt too harsh and twitchy for my tastes, though lengthening the fork travel from normal 125mm I ran them at to 140mm just served to raise the BB too much for my tastes and slow the steering a bit.

Click Here…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Coming along nicely. Just brakes to fit, seatpost and tune gears.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Thanks to the recent price drop, here’s mine…

Initially bought as a winter bike, I’m actually enjoying her more than the Maverick. Great frame.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Huge inspiration from moseymtb and that sweet blue bfe, this is now to be my next frame purchase, cheers. Been deliberating for a while now defo as to my do it all hardtail!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Cheers fudge I’m proper pleased with it so far.

Just need to decide what seatpost now.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Looks good 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Anyone got any advice on seatposts?

What you guys using?

fudge9202
    Free Member

I intend to use a reverb

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah the budget just won’t stretch to £200+ for a seatpost.

That would be my choice too.

armchairbiker

I use a reverb.

Have a thomson that was used for two weeks and is in mint condition.

Couple more photos of a used BFe

BFe Headtube

BFe from Long Mynd Ride today

elgee
    Free Member

Some seriously sweet BFe’s here.

heres a couple of mine, finally built up a couple months back, absolutely LOVE it. rides a beaut and feels so compliant 🙂

RVMushman

Lovin my Bfe.. Maybe change to twin and bash this year? Don’t need to though its just so inspiring to ride. 😀

trailzilla
    Free Member

This is mine. Pretty standard build but I’ve just put a Renthal Fatbar on it so it is silly wide!

Evolution of my Cotic build by Silver_Shark, on Flickr

I stripped my old Rock Lobster xc bike to build this one up and I’m really happy with it, much more plush and controlled on the rough stuff.

bobalong
    Free Member

Here’s my old one – it was fantastic.
    Replaced it with a Soda, which other than weight it’s no better!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m seriously thinking about selling my camera equipment and getting a BFe. Seriously nice looking bikes.

Tim
    Free Member

The 2nd iteration of mine is about 75% re-built, waiting on some finishing kit from CRC, but hopefully shaved about 5lbs in the process…

Tim
    Free Member

Finished – just over 27lbs

IMAG0103 by Tim Cave, on Flickr

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just ordered mine. Medium Blue. Build pics to be taken over the weekend and hopefully a first ride on Sunday evening while DOI is on.

paceface

My frame arrived friday, built up on Sat and out for a ride on Sunday.
    😀

andeh

Triple chainrings on BFes make baby Jesus cry!

I’m just about to head out on mine, I’ll get some pics up later. Best bike I’ve ever had, it just does everything!

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I’m building one up at the moment a well. Can’t wait to get it done but I’m waiting for a good deal on some forks. I have everything else ready except I bought the wrong chainset so I need to get another. stupid me…

some stunning bikes here! love the look of elgee’s

I_Ache
    Free Member

I stripped my old frame last night and have already taken the big ring off and put my bash on it. more bike fiddling over the next couple of nights before the build on fri/sat night. Probably going to have to pinch the brakes off my Enduro for a week or two unless somebody decides to buy my old frame today.

Vortexracing

Mine, now sold to epicsteve where I believe it’s having a good hammering in Scotland

IMG_2923 by eastham_david, on Flickr

andeh

It was dark by the time I got back, so here’s some I prepared earlier. Only difference is I now have some orange Race Face ridicubars and a Stans ZTR/Pro 2 on the rear too……and the cables are sorted 😳

I_Ache
    Free Member

Getting really itchy now. I havn’t ridden for about 3 weeks and I want my new bike built up now!

I still need to find a cheap suitable rear wheel too, anybody got a Mavic 321 rim on a deore or similar hub?

tomdaws
    Free Member

Here’s my Burly Iron……

Bfe 002 by tomdaws, on Flickr

Bfe 004 by tomdaws, on Flickr

Bfe 003 by tomdaws, on Flickr
    Bfe 003-001 by tomdaws, on Flickr

I_Ache
    Free Member

I just came upstairs to my office after cooking my porage in the kitchen and this was waiting for me.

Cotic BFe first look. by i_ache, on Flickr

I think I might feign an illness so I can go home early and build it up. Shall we call it an early 30th birthday present to myself? More than excited.

More pics when I have the office to myself.

toys19
    Free Member

Arse bum poo. You lot are making me miss mine. Why did I sell it again?

GlennG
    Free Member

Toys cos you splashed too much cash on the transition covert and the TR450 😀

Having just sold my Cotic Soul and was going to buy new Solaris i am now seriously looking at getting the BFe as a alrounder?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Cotic Head Badge by i_ache, on Flickr

BFe Sticker by i_ache, on Flickr

853 by i_ache, on Flickr

Cotic BFe by i_ache, on Flickr

Nice neat welds by i_ache, on Flickr

Only my second ever frame with an 853 sticker.

Expect a few more pics tonight.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Cy must be gutted, he designed a hardcore frame, but everyone builds them up into mincing xc bikes.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not everybody but there does seem to be a worrying amount that do. Didn’t you buy yours because you wanted a more xc frame?

GavinB

Cy must be gutted, he designed a hardcore frame, but everyone builds them up into mincing xc bikes.

That’s just what I as thinking….is this ‘core enough for you? 8)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Not everybody but there does seem to be a worrying amount that do. Didn’t you buy yours because you wanted a more xc frame?

Yeh, I think its on the previous page sporting a mile high saddle and spd pedals!

toys19
    Free Member

Toys cos you splashed too much cash on the transition covert and the TR450

Exactly.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Gavin you need to change your settings the photo is private.

EDIT: Oh and David I know you don’t like white forks but that’s all I have so that is what is going on. Nothing else white unless I put my flat pedals on it.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

What is max width tyre size you can run on rear of BFE ?
    What tyres do you run?
    R

GavinB

Oh, and max tyre size I found was about 2.35 (old) Maxxis or 2.25 Schwalbe.

joblessmonkeyboy
    Free Member

I think CY will be delighted people are enjoying his bikes! However you build it up and wherever you ride it!!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Well its built, it has been a pain everything seemed to go wrong,even the pics are crap BTW here you go.

IMAG0052 by i_ache, on Flickr

IMAG0053 by i_ache, on Flickr

I will get some better pics soon.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Bfe's!’ is closed to new replies.