Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Show me your £1500 (ish) road bikes…………..
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My road bike looks tatty after 10 years of on and off commuting and being leant up against railings outside cafes. That and random sporadic upgrading means it’s an astheitc mish-mash of bits breaking all the ‘rules’.

Tempted by something Italian and racey, but let’s ee what else is out there………

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’d have to post pics of both of my road bikes to have then add up to anything like £1500ish!

neilforrow

not £1500 (more ~1K) but:

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d have to post pics of both of my road bikes to have then add up to anything like £1500ish!

So would I (I’d have to post up all 3 and still not reach £1500), which is wierd seeing as my current racer probably cost me about £750 with a 20speed DA groupset, and £1500 would probably relegate me to 105.

tracknicko
    Free Member

one of these. didnt pay that for it, and nicer spec.

also looks better in man’s size than the kiddy size in this photo, but here ya go.

Kuco

Not got a pic but looks exactly like this.

epicsteve
    Free Member

So would I (I’d have to post up all 3 and still not reach £1500), which is wierd seeing as my current racer probably cost me about £750 with a 20speed DA groupset, and £1500 would probably relegate me to 105.

One of mine is a Boardman Team Carbon bought new but in the sales for £800. The other is a Specialized Roubaix that I swapped for a spare hardtail.

If I was going to be spending £1500 on a road bike I think one of the Ti Van Nicholas’s would be considered, as there are a couple of those available in that price range (from Fat Birds Don’t Fly).

theflatboy
    Free Member

epicsteve
    Free Member

Here’s my no.1 bike:

Doesn’t quite look like that now as the stem and wheels have been replaced. Still needs a bit of work on the componentry though as it’s a mix of 18-speed Tiagra, 105 and even currently an XT rear mech.

I’m tempted to switch the 20-speed SRAM Rival from my Boardman onto it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Kuco – Member
    Not got a pic but looks exactly like this.

Surely you mean the Six 105? If not I want to know where from as the Six 105 was on my list!

If I was going to be spending £1500 on a road bike I think one of the Ti Van Nicholas’s would be considered, as there are a couple of those available in that price range (from Fat Birds Don’t Fly).

The minstral looks nice and would fit the bill nicely, but Ti doesn’t ‘do it’ for me astheticaly, and I doubt I’d do it justice with a rattle can!

Kuco

No i’ve got the 2011 Shimano Ultegra one.

Should have added I got a very good deal on it being last years model.

shortcut

Less than £1100 in the sale.

monksie
    Free Member

1 pence short of £1500 although it was £500 cheaper than rrp.

DSC_0002 by nichola.davidson, on Flickr

brakes
    Free Member

I paid £500 for it second hand but reckon it would cost £1,500 new.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

x

steve_b77
    Free Member

Can be had for closer to a grand now, add the price of a set of RS80’s and maybe a lighter crank and you’ve got a 16/17lb bike 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Not quite sure how much it cost. Less than £1500 but more than £1000. Its a beauty.

ds3000
    Free Member

Monksie – how’s that cannondale? I’m thinking of getting one on cycle to work.

monksie
    Free Member

I love it ds. It’s even better than my Willier Izoard and I was guttted when I had to sell that. It’s feels ‘smoother’ but stiffer. I can’t really explain it any better than that.
    I ordered and paid for the 2011 model at £1500 but they (Paul’s Cycles) had mistakenly sold 5 while they only had 4 in stock. I was number 5 so I got the 2012. Mint!

samuri
    Free Member

I love the idea that someone would spend £1500 quid on a bike and then not take a picture of it.

bonchance
    Free Member

Edit – do like the dales. Still seem to have something even if only a whiff of prestige now..

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Italian and racy it is for around £1500

Replaced the wheels with Fulcrum Racing 1 so nearer £2000 now.

jota180
    Free Member

I love the idea that someone would spend £1500 quid on a bike and then not take a picture of it.

The only time I photograph any bike is if I’m selling it
    Besides, I don’t own a camera, I have to go and borrow one if needed

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Some of you guys have your bars sooo high. 😕

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

here is mine, though usually used without a saddlebag so more audax than racey.

just shy of 1500 with some shopping about

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Show me your £1500 (ish) road bikes…………..’ is closed to new replies.