• This topic has 21 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by aw.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • show me you STIFFEE 69R……..please
  • ton

anyone got one of the limited edition 69rs.
    do you have a pic please.

mAx_hEadSet

here goes ton non original seat and stem….

it’s parked in the dogs bed, if you don’t like the bed discuss with the dogs 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

That’s not a 69’er is it? If it is, it hides the wagon wheel at the front very well indeed!!

ton

max, were thay all the blue colour ❓
    steve, 69r cos they made 69…… 🙄 😆

steve_b77
    Free Member

ton – still don’t get it, are there only 69 blue Stiffee frames?

grant

That’s not a 69’er is it? If it is, it hides the wagon wheel at the front very well indeed!!

69er was a limited edition Cove Stiffee in pale blue. Just another rude name from Cove, nothing to do with a 29/26 wheel set up.

mAx_hEadSet

They were all blue all 69 of them and this is number 35 halfway through the run, the blue was a one off I was told by Pete from Silverfish, its a 2003 frame with the rear brake bosses removed and the cable run under the top tube the frame is identical to the 2004 Stiffee which i had before getting my 2008. They had XT and raceface finishing kits

ton

they will take a 140mm fork wont they ❓

mAx_hEadSet

Thats a 125mm fox 32 talas RLC, its a 2003 frame you should check with cove i would have though 140 would be on the limit, it is ok with a recent post 2005 stiffee

steve_b77
    Free Member

I get it now 😳

Russell96

Still kicking myself that I didn’t get one back when they came out, was in Leisure Lakes in Bury and they had one in and it was that or an S-Works Epic, oh well..

ton

i have obtained a mint xl one.
    pike 140s, new formula oro’s, xt throughout.
    i am very excited…. 8)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

you can always put a spacer in the pikes to knock them down to 130. However, they should be fine at 140 as lots of stiffees got built with marzocchi 130mm z1’s (including the one on cove’s site at the time) which are just as tall axle-crown.

commander
    Free Member

Well Ton I had one but i sold it …..

bigsi
    Free Member

Ton – Let me know when you sell it on in a few months 😉

shortcut

I had a Stiffee of similar vintage and they work fine with 140mm Pikes.

ajr
    Free Member

Tony, have you seen the Ventana Chiva 69er ?

jamesca
    Free Member

i have a 2003 cove stiffee and run a set of z150 on the front, i like how it ride and suits what i use it for. doesn’t turn as sharply as when it had 130 z1 on the front.

ton

ajr – Member
    Tony, have you seen the Ventana Chiva 69er ?

alan, can’t find a link to one anywhere

ajr
    Free Member

If you go to http://www.mtbr.com then onto the Ventana forum it is in the thread about 2010 frames at sea otter

aw
    Free Member

There’s something about the Stiffee which is so cool. I just love them 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘show me you STIFFEE 69R……..please’ is closed to new replies.