Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Should smoking in cars be banned ?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Binners is right, BUT only if the freedom to kill yourself created no financial obligation on others or caused others any harm.

tazzymtb

smokers are good for the NHS, as the level of tax paid over a smokers life is far more to than they will ever use as most smoking related diseases tend to be fairly short and brutal and no where near as costly as age related dementia etc..

The fact that smokers die younger also means that they consume less in their shorter lifetime and are therefore kinder to the planet than some mung bean eating health freak who insists on living as long as possible whilst wondering why the population is increasing to rapidly as not enough folks are dying..

We actually need smokers otherwise the whole system falls over

so erm..stick that in ya pipe and smoke it

kimbers

surely that just proves the point that smokers are idiots

(im a sanctimonius ex-smoker- who stopped when i had kids as i couldnt put my kids through what my parents put me through)

binners

Tazzy is bang on. And could I just add that the activities of this forum over the last 2 weeks are going to cost the country a small fortune. Both in lost revenue, and having to watch us lot piss ourselves, while dribbling Werthers Originals, watching Cash in The Attic 😉

I suspect quite a few bike shops might do quite well out of it though

29erKeith
    Free Member

not read all of the above but

“Smoking in Cars” no! (unless kids are in the car)
    “Smoking while driving” Yes!

Purely because it’s something in your hand and takes focus away from actually driving. It’s probably worse when lighting and putting ’em out than when actually smoking (unless you just flick it out the window like most litterers/smokers do). no different from the mobile phone ban IMO.

metalheart
    Free Member

This is kinda pet hate of mine. BITD my old boy used to chug along in his Renault 12 puffing away on his fags and I **** hated it. The fags, I mean, although the Renault was **** minging too. Kinda dark metallic nicotine brown.

Plus I’ve had to share a car where the driver sits mouth split pluffing out the window except that it always goes straight up my nose…

So I say ban it. Ban it NOW! 😀

And don’t presume smokers all die youg neither. My grandad smoked from (I think) about 9 until his early 80’s before quitting and THEN manifesting lung cancer. He lived on his own (once my gran died) for years until his terminal last hospital visit. I dont hate smokers but I do hate smoking. If I did I’d have to hate my grandad and he was a beautiful person…

If there are way future generations looking back how will they view our processed food, alcohol and drug consumption and smoking? With incredulity I would imagine.

Oh and Binners, what am I having for tea? If you could pop round and put it on I’ll be doubly grateful 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m not against doing anything in cars, assuming that people are careful about how they do it and where/when. Technically there are laws that cover using phones and causing accidents already, the phone one is a bit pointless IMO. Likewise, at risk of being flamed, it’s not always nuts to be using a phone when in a car, but it seems people can’t identify the sane and less sane times to do it, so a universal law is used against everyone.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

tazzymtb – there’s a new job out there, just waiting for you!

tazzymtb

there’s a new job out there, just waiting for you!

oooo really? will it be more fun than packing fudge at a werthers factory?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes – but the benefits will be less tasty!

tazzymtb

benefits will be less tasty!

I’m not going back to being a taste tester for play doh. It made my poo a funny colour and the little people in the barbers shop set always looked at me funny

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ken Lee……

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Should smoking in cars be banned ?’ is closed to new replies.