Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Should I grow up as the mrs say's ?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Sue kinda says it all. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is just learning to conform to the ways of the people around you who have already given up and accepted they can’t do fun things. Sad really, they should be pitied.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

“You don’t stop having fun ‘cos you get old. You get old ‘cos you stop having fun.”

Divorce your wife 😉

scu98rkr
    Free Member

“should i lock her in the cellar when my brother comes to visit ?”

Hmm interesting

Sue_W
    Free Member

@ clubber – “calm down” … not a chance, far too many things to get excited about 😉

@ mudshark – oops have a road bike (even worse have two) … does that mean I’ve grown up? I still mountain bike though, so maybe not completely …

teasel
    Free Member

Her attempt to change you is childish. Your love of mountainbiking is childlike. Big difference…

trb
    Free Member

Too my shame, I have grown up considerably since I met my wife.

Yes, we now own a Tandem and a set of panniers…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yes, we now own a Tandem and a set of panniers…

Oh dear. Ready the nursing home.

clubber
    Free Member

I road biked more when I was younger than I do now. Does that mean I’m getting younger as I get older? Brilliant 😀

mountainman

@ mudshark – oops have a road bike (even worse have two) … does that mean I’ve grown up? I still mountain bike though, so maybe not completely

I have a road bike too,thats quicker for cycling to work or home so as said “I have Grown up”.

molgrips
    Free Member

If your wife thinks cycling is a kids sport then she’s pretty thick. It’s done by all ages, always has been.

Some cycling is also done off-road.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

You could point out that ‘growing up’ often involves: becoming fat and unfit, possibly impotent, getting really boring, playing golf, wearing beige nylon slacks, comb-overs, endlessly talking rubbish about sports that you once or never played, worrying about the FTSE, washing your car more than it needs, endlessly decorating the house, thinking that fun is for children, working too much…

perthmtb
    Free Member

Although my wife rolls her eyes every time a new parcel of goodies arrives from CRC, I think secretly she’s just pleased its only cycling, rather than a nasty Ferrari/yachting habit, or banging the secretary – like other middle aged men do to get over their mid-life crisis…

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

DTMFA

ok… too strong may be?

But what is so good about being “grown up”?

sadmadalan

My wife did complain that the last bike was probably one too many. Then she sold it! However there have been mornings when I have been behaving like a bear with a sore head and she has booted me out of the house for a couple of hours for my own good!

I don’t see why I should change what I want to do, just because I am getting older. In fact now that the boys are leaving home, I’ll have more time to remain young!

LeeW

Just tell her you’ll grow up when you find some one to grow up like.

organdonor
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion
    You shouldn’t grow up – she should.

^this^

Marin
    Free Member

If you enjoy it and it keeps you sane why stop? My OH only complains when bikes start living in the kitchen and when I go riding as I cant go climbing with her.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Should I grow up as the mrs say's ?’ is closed to new replies.