Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Shock not holding air – warranty quandary
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got a Saracen 15X as a replacement for my grapil which did what grapils do. This November last year built it with 26 wheels rode it once in anger and left it cos i got quite a few pedal strikes. Just got so of yon 27.5 wheels in the superstar sale got the tyres on and took it out for a shakedown earlier in the week after popping a bit more air in the can as it felt a bit soft. Went to take it out today and it was bottoming out just getting on it. Pressure 50 psi. So ridden twice and ****. Now, it was a bit of a ball ache getting the warranty replacement from the shop and in the end I got an ex demo frame with a few marks and chips. Not arsed about that really bikes are for riding etc. But I obviously met them halfway a bit given it was such a cheap frame that it replaced. What to Do? Kick up a fuss, return it and gethe another 2 months without a bike while they procrastinate or just say cuckoo it and send it off to mojo
    loco or whoever and for the sake of £100 get on with my life. Hmm.

retro83
    Free Member

Have you got a schrader valve tool? Worth checking that the valve core is tight before you send it off.

benpinnick

Take the shock off, pump it up and submerge it in water, That will tell you whether its fatal or just something like a leaky core as suggested.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Shock not holding air – warranty quandary’ is closed to new replies.