Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Shitty, sorry city-link
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Absolute shower of shite. Delivery of a christmas present arranged for 18th, nothing, 19th nothing. Apparently they cant find the address, bearing in mind I have a unique postcode they cant go wrong. Contacted them, delivery rearranged for today. Guess what. Sweet FA.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Me, you were due to deliver today.
    Them, we did, no one was home.
    Me, I’ve been in all day waiting and the dog heard nothing.
    Them, we attempt one delivery per day to the address and we’ve done that. Says here, white door.
    Me, that would be number 17, number 12 has a brown door. You’ve not attempted delivery to the address on the parcel today then have you.
    Them, we attempted delivery.
    Me, not to my house you didn’t.
    Them, yes we did. The driver noted you have a white door.
    Me, no, number 17 has a white door.

Then it got really boring!

mattbee

Like Royal Fail not delivering a parcel today, in guaranteed delivery service, I’m in all day. Tracking goes from ‘out for delivery’ to ‘we tried & left a card’ randomly. Surprise surprise, no card left…

Jamie
    Free Member

I have a unique postcode

Oooh! Get her!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I have a unique postcode

Wins the prize for the most STW niche item of the day

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ooh a prize.

It is kinda cool, I once posted an envelope with nothing but the post code on it, arrived next day.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I once had a rant at crappy link because the cretinous driver had handed my rear shock to a random builder working on my house.
    The rant culminated in the expression that the driver “should be sitting in his padded cell painting pictures with his own faeces rather than handling my expensive parcels”..

..it went down well!

TheFlyingOx

Ah, good old City Link. In anticipation of their incompetence I once had a package made up to a human-sized cardboard imitation of Bender from Futurama, silver spraypaint, eyes, limbs, the lot.

They lost it.

nealglover
    Free Member

I once had a rant at crappy link because the cretinous driver had handed my rear shock to a random builder working on my house.
    The rant culminated in the expression that the driver “should be sitting in his padded cell painting pictures with his own faeces rather than handling my expensive parcels”..
    ..it went down well!

I think that’s fair enough.

They are contracted to deliver to the correct address, not to the person named.

If you are employing builders you don’t trust then that’s your problem, but they did what they were contracted to do and delivered the parcel to your address, and got it signed for by someone who was obviously at that address with permission.

joepose
    Free Member

You lucky, lucky bast@*rd.
    At least it was delivered somewhere 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

..it went down well!

You do not come off well in that story.

joepose
    Free Member

Try Yodel they don’t deliver at all – JJD0002252407157870
    That’s my tracking number the service centre had my parcel on 19th November, still not bad at just over a month. They told me on the phone they would prioritise and I would get it on Monday….. didn’t check which Monday so my mistake I guess.

legend
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member
    Ooh a prize.
    It is kinda cool, I once posted an envelope with nothing but the post code on it, arrived next day.

For having to send a letter to yourself just so the postie visited, you definitely get the lonely STWer award!

I’ve heard that something called Grindr can help I such situations…..?

DT78
    Free Member

Yodel delivered a rather large fax carpet cleaner to my front door. Whilst I was away for the week. Luckily my neighbours took it after 2 days of it sitting there in full view thinking it might get nicked….

Currently waiting on my bike from rose, handed over by DHL to parcelforce on Thursday, and from what I can tell it is still sat in the depot. Not pleased at the moment, was supposed to be riding Xmas eve.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve heard that something called Grindr can help I such situations…..?

To be fair, there are not many situations which cannot be helped out by Grindr.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus muddy, I sign for clients’ parcels all the bloody time. I’m pretty sure they’ve always been delighted someone was there to do it. Calm down lad.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the couriers think the perfect place for items for me is the recycling bin next to my house
    One day they will do this on bin day !!!

nickdavies

Yodel delivered a rather large fax carpet cleaner to my front door

Well that’s a new level of office multifunction equipment? I’d like one of those!

kimbers

Post is slow at the busiest time of year?

Well I never

wysiwyg
    Free Member

No it’s the attempted delivery bollocks that annoys me. And legend I was about 8 at the time. So you’re suggesting an 8yo download a gay dating app?

andyl
    Free Member

at least it’s not UK mail who’s driver is suspected of stealing our ipad…was supposed to be delivered a week ago now.

Jamie
    Free Member

No it’s the attempted delivery bollocks that annoys me. And legend I was about 8 at the time. So you’re suggesting an 8yo download a gay dating app?

To be fair, legend is not a mind readr. So while a switcheroo is always fun, I don’t think he was inferring your 8 year old self should use a gay hook up app.

milky1980
    Free Member

At least City Link actually try to deliver stuff to me!!

Yodel have twice this week just driven up to my place, sat in their van and driven away without even ringing the buzzer! Lo and behold a few minutes later the tracking data updates to say ‘Delivery attempted, card left’ except the driver never gets out of his van. Both times he’s legged it before I can get to him.

andyl
    Free Member

^ that sounds like our Yodel experience last year.

They did it about 3 times with the same parcel. Useless **** the lot of them.

batfink
    Free Member

Somebody obviously lost-it a few years ago, I did the 20 mile trip to the basingstoke city link depot, to find it a smoldering pile of wreckage.

I suspect there was a flaming-turd incident.

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe I’m lucky but never had a problem with City Link, Yodel, Parcel Force, anyone else.
    I don’t have close neighbours so they cannot leave it with them.
    I just put in the Delivery Comments “Driver please call 20 minutes before delivery “. They do every time. Then I can expect it if I’m home or tell the driver where to leave it – usually in the shed at the side. I always leave an unlocked padlock on the shed for the delivery with a big bloody notice telling them to lock it after delivery.
    I always get my stuff.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I like citylink. The driver bribed me with gave me a nice bottle of red wine for Xmas to ensure preferential treatment in 2015 in my post room.

😀

spawnofyorkshire

the couriers think the perfect place for items for me is the recycling bin next to my house
    One day they will do this on bin day !!!

Had this with my sisters 40th b’day present. Raised it with the online shop and took two months to sort out as couriers (Yodel I think) were arguing that i should have been home soon enough to prevent it getting collected by the bin men… They delivered it at 9:30 on a weekday and bins were collected an hour later… and the f***er didn’t even leave a card!

New Yodel guy round my way is much much better and really helpful

digga
    Free Member

I know this is of no use to the OP, but it was my first thought on reading the topic title: NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aujF4bwXb5g

Woody
    Free Member

Is anyone else waiting for hampers due to the Harrods/Parcelforce dispute? Apparently, up to a couple of days ago nothing had moved, even for stuff ordered months ago. Bunch of **** grrrr.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

On the flip side of things…

I have to say WELL DONE to both the Sunglassesshop and Royal Mail

Order placed at 3 pm last Friday arrived 10am Saturday morning … free delivery as well

unovolo
    Free Member

Yodel are pretty good round our way I seem to get lots of parcels delivered, the only downside is there not actually for me as the drivers DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO READ STREET SIGNS!, they see the house No. and decide it must be the right address.

I had a nice Razor Electric Scooter the other day,(before I delivered it myself to the right address around the corner)

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Shitty, sorry city-link’ is closed to new replies.