Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano GF8 (GF800) Gore-Tex Shoes review
  • singletrackross

The Shimano GF8 (GF800) Gore-Tex shoe is billed as ‘ultimate cold weather shoe’. Designed for not only wet, but cold days on the trails.

By singletrackross

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/shimano-gf8-gf800-gore-tex-shoes-review/

Get the full story here:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/shimano-gf8-gf800-gore-tex-shoes-review/

oldfart

Ross here’s an old fashioned tip for getting them on and off . I’ve got a pair of Etnie’s shoes with an inner sock . I was finding the heel was getting squashed putting them on so I bought a shoe horn for a tenner, job done 👍. Mines an extra long one save my 68 year old body but for young ‘uns like you a small one will do the trick.

intheborders
    Free Member

Thanks for the review, my 3 winters old Five Ten Trailcross Gore-tex’s are in dire need of replacing (worn out sole and torn uppers, both on the toe-box ‘crease’), and based on your review I’ll be getting another pair.

montylikesbeer

at £219.00 I will stick to my 5 10’s with sealskin socks.

rootes1

Been using all winter and found them to be excellent, you can get them for much less than retail if you look around.

they are a little be awkward to put on.

sole is stiffer than 5Ten freeriders, and grip levels much better than previous shimano flat shoes.

sizing. I have always picked size 48 for any Shimano shoe (road, mtb etc) and went for the same in this and the fit is good. They feel nicely wide in the toe box as well.

Edukator
    Free Member

How do they compare size wise with 5:10 impacts/FRs?  I take 43 in both of those but size 44 Shimano road and 45 in top end Shimano MTB cleated. Ta in advance if anyone answers.

Good review, ta.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.