Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano click'r pedals – any good?
  • Twin
    Free Member

The mt50’s appeal to me for my enduro bike, not concerned about the weight, but they’ve got a nice big platform for when you can’t clip in quick enough. Anyone got/tried them? Reviews are very thin on the ground.

eskay

My kids had them as their first clipless pedals. They worked, not much else to say about them really apart from they were a bit chunky!

STATO
    Free Member

I found you could pull out of them on occasion. I think my foot must twist slightly when standing out the saddle, so the slight twist was enough to release due to the light engagement. Might have been the cleats tho as some shoes have older cleats and cant remember which ones i had an issue on, so see if anyone else had that problem.

hatter

They’re really designed as a ‘My first SPD’ for leisure riders who may be very nervous about being clipped in.

At their tightest they’re about the same as a set of standard SPDs on their loosest setting.

Personally I wouldn’t want to ride them off road, not enough retention, you’ll pull out of them at the worst possible moment.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Get some M530s. I’ve got a set on each bike. ideal for off road, enduro, road, commuting. At £20 including cleats, just throw them away when the bearings go (although they seem to go on forever. I’ve got at least 1,000 miles each on 2 pairs and still they turn smooth and tight)

TiRed

We’ve used PD-M324 single sided pedals on and off road. Flat on one side, spd on the other, neutral balance. Never trashed a bearing yet – as per the 525s. Great for learning and giving the option of flats when desired. You can file the points to sharpen them up.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Don’t they come with the shimano ‘multi release’ cleats that release when you pull up as well as twist? Making them little more than a very well located and stiff flat pedal/shoe?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano click'r pedals – any good?’ is closed to new replies.