Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Sherlock Holmes on BBC1
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I just hope they give Watson a pair of bollocks and a brain in the new ones.

better still make Watson the clever one and Sherlock quite dim and fat…

CountZero

I liked the little references to actual stories: the time pips referring back to the story 'The Five Orange Pips', a bored Holmes shooting at the wall, a reference to a story where he would shoot the initials VR into the wall when bored. There are properly others that I've missed through not being that familiar with the stories.

Kuco

If you ever read the books simonfbarnes Watson isn't quiet the useless muppet made out in this programme, old and bumbling maybe but no useless. For an ex-military doctor he could hardly bring himself to look at a corpse.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If you ever read the books simonfbarnes Watson isn't quiet the useless muppet made out in this programme

I don't see him portrayed that way, though he's obviously in awe of Sherlock:)

Kuco

Maybe thats the problem I'm to stuck with the old Watson and not come to accept him as he is in this. Though I think the take on Holmes is a good modern adaptation.

crikey
    Free Member

Might be reading too much into it, but the original death of Sherlock Holmes left him hanging on a cliff at the Reichenbach Falls, and this episode ended on a 'cliffhanger'…

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Might be reading too much into it, but the original death of Sherlock Holmes left him hanging on a cliff at the Reichenbach Falls, and this episode ended on a 'cliffhanger'…

It ended with him disappearing, presumed killed in a fight with Moriarty. The exact circumstances aren't revealed until The Empty House, the next ACD story in The Return of Sherlock Holmes.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    1st and 3rd episodes were the best.
    That is because they were the ones written by Mark Gatis and Stephen Moffat.

Have they written anything interesting before?

Jamie
    Free Member

Have they written anything interesting before?

Gatiss : League of Gentlemen

Moffat: The good Dr Who episodes….such as Blink.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Not seen any of them. 🙂

The acting was really good, quality performances all round. Best drama for ages.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Not seen any of them

you lucky devil! L.O.G is amazing, hilarious and revolting by turns :o)

molgrips
    Free Member

League of Gentlemen is amazing, particularly the first series. If you didn't think gross-out comedy could be artistic, sensitive and poigniant at the same time, think again 🙂

spacemonkey

I can handle pretty much any kind of weird sh1t and was "into" the best parts of LOG throughout the period is was on. But I remember having to switch off from watching one particular episode because it was scrambling my head too much – can't remember which episode, but it was pretty damn weird.

On the subject of Sherlock, I haven't taken to this adaption at all yet. Much prefer the old skool Jeremy Brett style. But I'll happily give the new ones another go when the proper series starts.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Sherlock Holmes on BBC1’ is closed to new replies.