Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Sentencing Report…. Joke…. 2 Bikes Stolen
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

Well after 8 months finally we get the news the scum that broke into our home, adjoining garage so it’s classed as domestic burglary, the habitual, thief documented history of theft & violence gets 3 years in a young offenders institute, what a joke.

A YT Capra CF pro & Santa Cruz Solo went, I get 120 pounds from the courts which I know I’ll never see, the scum bag will be out in a year for good behavior & straight back into crime, the scum bag nearly killed a innocent chap walking home one evening minding his own business & ended up with a fractured skull in a coma.

Where’s the real justice nowadays huh… I’d like to see the same fate befall him & not wake from his coma.

konabunny
    Free Member

I’m sorry to hear you were burgled. In addition to the property, it’s a horrible feeling and I understand how pissed off you must feel.

Three years for burglary from a garage is a pretty significant sentence. There must have been a bunch of aggravating factors.

How many years would you like him to have been sentenced to?

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t think the justice system is meant to work like you want it to work.

bails

Three years for stealing two bikes doesn’t sound that bad. I thought you were going to say he’d got a £60 fine and a 2 week suspended sentence or something.

allan23
    Free Member

I suspect the aggravating factor would be the associated assault and bloke in a coma.

I’m getting old and intolerant. Stuff like that I’d give the judge a 9mm and he can just pronounce sentence and send the family a bill for the bullet.

Half joking but you have to question a legal system that is not rehabilitating and is just locking up and churning out scumbags who just go and do it again.

dannybgoode

Half joking but you have to question a legal system that is not rehabilitating and is just locking up and churning out scumbags who just go and do it again

And there you have hit the nail on the head. Judges don’t need a 9mm – the criminal justice system needs a fundamental overhaul so that it does rehabilitate.

wrecker
    Free Member

the criminal justice system needs a fundamental overhaul so that it does rehabilitate.

…over a far longer period of time preferably.

jimdubleyou

There was an interesting report on the BBC news about a rehabilitation prison in Spain. Looked to be getting good results.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35936290

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Sounds like you got a good result there. I am not joking neither speaking from experience.

Would like to see some factual info on what other separate crimes were committed to incurr a 3yr young offenders stint.

konabunny
    Free Member

I suspect the aggravating factor would be the associated assault and bloke in a coma.

I understood he was convicted of burglary, not assault.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

The assault wasn’t against me, he re offended when out on license within a few weeks, his accomplice got away with it but then went on to steal 2 bikes and a Honda fire blade, a Honda CRF450 & a Suzuki DR400, then was on FB splashing cash on his pikey girl friend for all to see.
    As mentioned I too have a firmer view of such things as I get older & when my home is broken into as it was classified as a domestic burglary, I would like to see something better than a slap on the wrist & of you go be a good boy & you’ll be home sucking on your mummy’s tit son.

I’ll take some comfort knowing he will never amount to anything decent in society & one day shove a large amount of drugs in his veins & do us all a favour & pop of prematurely living in a squalid shit hole.

It wasn’t just bikes that were stolen it’s the lasting effects of the crime & what it has done to my family.

allan23
    Free Member

Tang Hall resident by any chance?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

That’s a decent sentence for a domestic burglary (esp as it was a garage that only technically makes it a dwelling). I’d guess he’s on or past his third strike (3yr mandatory minimum for 3rd dwelling burglary conviction), but that 3yrs could be reduced by early guilty plea (and I’d expect a guilty plea to a non dwelling in that case to avoid the rule) and I’ve known loads of prolific burglars way beyond their 3rd strike getting less than 4 years.

If sentences were purely punitive and set by victims no one would ever leave prison.

konabunny
    Free Member

It costs almost £100,000 a year to keep an offender in YOI and still they don’t do a great job of rehabilitating. That’s almost three times more than Eton. Imprisonment is a crap way of rehabilitating and we should stop pretending that’s what prisons are for.

oldtalent
    Free Member

If sentences were purely punitive and set by victims no one would ever leave prison.

Sounds ideal.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m not sure if some of the comments are trolling, ignorance or keyboard warriors sharpening their pitchforks.

OP – I’m sorry for the loss and the upset this will have caused you and your family, but 3 years is a hefty sentence. The fact that time inside doesn’t deter or rehabilitate someone to be able to make other choices when released is a separate issue.

gobuchul
    Free Member

While I symaphise with the OP, 3 years for a garage break in? That’s very hefty.

He must of had some pretty serious previous to get that long.

He does sound like an absolute scumbag mind. (The crim not the OP!)

kimbers

konabunny – Member
    It costs almost £100,000 a year to keep an offender in YOI and still they don’t do a great job of rehabilitating. That’s almost three times more than Eton. Imprisonment is a crap way of rehabilitating and we should stop pretending that’s what prisons are for.

so should we send them to Eton?
    he’ll only get good at immoral stuff like tax evasion etc

wwaswas

what the OP and others want;

Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro’s office chose to charge Grimes under a statute that boosts the alleged candy theft to a felony punishable by up to two years in prison. The statute applies to people who have been convicted of “theft of goods” at least twice before.

Grimes has five prior theft convictions, making him a “quad” offender under the state’s habitual-offender law, and facing 20 years to life behind bars.

In 2010, Cannizzaro’s office secured a conviction against Grimes as a double offender, sending him away on a four-year prison stint. The latest charge upped the stakes further.

Grimes appeared Thursday for arraignment before Criminal District Court Judge Franz Zibilich, pleading not guilty.

“Isn’t this a little over the top?” Zibilich wondered aloud over the threat of a “multiple bill,” an approach that leaves little discretion to a judge.

“It’s not even funny,” the judge said. “Twenty years to life for a Snickers bar, or two or three or four.”

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworleans/neworleansnews/15365240-79/accused-new-orleans-candy-snatcher-facing-20-to-life-for-pocketing-31-in-sweets

PJM1974
    Free Member

Being sent down for eighteen months has far longer lasting consequences than simply being let out after twelve on good behaviour.

Firstly, the miscreant is going to struggle to find employment, anywhere. Secondly, if there are motoring offences involved, he’ll never be able to insure anything remotely desirable. Thirdly, every prospective girlfriend/employer will find simply be able to use Google to discover the conviction history.

While that in no way helps make up for the intrusion onto your property, or the unfortunate left in a coma, it does mean that there will be lasting consequences to the convicted criminal’s actions beyond the term of their porridge.

shermer75
    Free Member

nearly killed a innocent chap walking home one evening minding his own business & ended up with a fractured skull in a coma.

I mat have missed something but why want he being sentenced for this?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

the criminal justice system needs a fundamental overhaul so that it does rehabilitate.

A justice system for rehabilitation ?

Rehabilitation can only occur when the criminal can see the error of their ways, only they can rehabilitate themselves. If you dont believe me go and ask a practicing criminal or a genuine rehabilitatee.

konabunny
    Free Member

That’s true, but a justice system could orient itself towards creating an environment for, and giving offenders the tools for, rehabilitation.

Or it could just lock a bunch of illiterate, unhealthy, angry people in small rooms at great expense.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Or it could just lock a bunch of illiterate, unhealthy, angry people in small rooms at great expense.

Sounds like the STW live show.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would like to see something better than a slap on the wrist

In what world is 3 years a slap on the wrist?!

yorkycsl
    Free Member

shermer75 He was sentenced for the assault & was out on license.

allan23 Yes how’d you guess ?

onehundredthidiot

While that in no way helps make up for the intrusion onto your property, or the unfortunate left in a coma, it does mean that there will be lasting consequences to the convicted criminal’s actions beyond the term of their porridge.

Whilst true there are a lot of people who, for whatever reason, do not care. Being nice and giving options are seen as weaknesses. They may alter their ideas as time goes on but for 20+ years they’ll not care what you or society think.

allan23
    Free Member

Spend a bit of time in York and have a few friends in town.

As much as I dislike stereotypes, the Police could probably arrest the entire estate and pretty much get an 80% success rate 🙁

It’s York’s Mos Eisley.

[Edit: Saying that made my conscience hurt. I know there are decent enough people in the area but there’s still a way to go to get rid of the poor name it’s had as a haven for the more criminally minded in society.]

jekkyl

how about trial by combat? a la Game of Thrones.
    The offender can go to jail or face the victim or a warrior of his choosing.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

You are absolutely bang on the money, also bell farm, oh what nasty thoughts I’ve had about the little shit but then I’d be lowering my self to his level.

onehundredthidiot
    They may alter their ideas as time goes on but for 20+ years they’ll not care what you or society think. How true, but one day as most low life like him do, they sit in a shit hole of a home, full of drugs & maybe think what the F*%k have i done with my life, nowt big zero what a total failure & waste of oxygen that they breathe, Ok Rant over big sigh deep breath & breath… all is well in the world, I’ll wait for my 120 quid from the courts now…Not.

konabunny
    Free Member

Sounds like the STW live show.

Oof.

Tbf STW posters’ doors are locked from the inside…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Sentencing Report…. Joke…. 2 Bikes Stolen’ is closed to new replies.