Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Seeing how long properties take to sell
  • sideshow
    Free Member

So I’d like to see the spread of times spent on market for houses in the area I’m looking at buying in.

I gather some estate agents have access to this info (it’s not publicly available on zoopla etc).

Does anyone know of a service that allows me to look this up? Paid if necessary.

woody2000

Mouseprice maybe?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

All the zoopla adds say when they were added when I look…

sideshow
    Free Member

That seems to tell me when and how much houses sold for, but not how long they took to sell. I guess it’s the bigger estate agents who have this sort of data.

I’d ask the one I’ll ask to sell my current house, but I’m thinking of doing that online to save costs.

sideshow
    Free Member

zoopla… oh cool, so it does, even for sold properties if you dig around. nice one thanks!

brooess
    Free Member

You could use Zoopla or Rightmove but I believe some agents will delete a listing of a place that hasn’t sold and then relist it at a lower price, as a way to disguise that the price has been dropped and that the place hasn’t sold for ages.

I wouldn’t trust anything the estate agents says personally.

Rightmove has a Market Trends tab under the House Prices tab which shows number of properties marketed and sold, which can be revealing e.g. for some London areas you can see a big increase in supply over 2015 but few sales, or a falling ratio of sold to marketed.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a service that allows me to look this up?

we wanted to know similar stuff.

install firefox and get the “property-bee” add-on (google it)

IIRC it works like

* property bee copy some details about every house advert
    * you look at rightmove, the firefox addon goes and looks up the historical versions
    * you get to see history of prices and descriptions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Seeing how long properties take to sell’ is closed to new replies.