Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Secret Santa for a vegan.
  • myti
    Free Member

I’m not vegan but enjoy experimenting with vegan cooking as it helps with gettinga more varied, healthy ddiet and I’ve discovered the wonder ingredient chia seeds. So how about a big bag of organic ones or a jar of organic coconut oil should be about £7 quid. Made a vegan pumpkin and sweet potato pie with pecan topping last weekend with both those ingredients in. It was bloody lush!

Drac

I’m pretty sure there’s no carnivores posting in here.

IdleJon

Made a vegan pumpkin and sweet potato pie with pecan topping last weekend with both those ingredients in.

Isn’t this a pumpkin and sweet pot pie with the word vegan in front of it?

bearnecessities

Genuine question, but do vegans come across as bit ‘fighty’ because it’s here, or a really strong belief in choices that comes with being a vegan?

Shit jokes are often made on many threads *holds hands up*, but just ignore them?

nostoc
    Free Member

I’m ignoring you now

bearnecessities

It wasn’t meant to be offensive, honesty.

Meh, I should just stay away from contentious threads.

cookeaa

Rather than do the whole “try to avoid offending a weirdo” thing by attempting to think of a gift that involves no meat and/or animal byproducts, just tackle it head on and go for something really vegan specific…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Surely one of those Table Tennis sets with a clip on net is the only right answer in this scenario…

Failing that, I’d go to a charity shop and see what can be found~ one of my favourite purchases is a Wind Up Sumo Smash set

Vegan or no, that is the shiznit

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

(I was going to suggest a waddling penguin pooper, but not so sure Yummy Candy is vegan approved)

Cougar

Genuine question, but do vegans come across as bit ‘fighty’ because it’s here, or a really strong belief in choices that comes with being a vegan?

Shit jokes are often made on many threads *holds hands up*, but just ignore them?

It’s not a lack of a sense of humour amongst vegans nor general STW contrary grumpiness, but rather that the “jokes” are the same lazy, tired comments that get trotted out every. single. time. someone poses any sort of vaguely veggie / vegan related question.

If the best thing you can come up with is “what should I buy a vegan?” – “meat” then perhaps the best thing you can bring to the discussion is silence. I mean, really, it’s surely an easy target so there must be richer pickings, is that absolutely the best you can do? Come up with something original and I’ll laugh as loudly as anyone.

It wasn’t meant to be offensive, honesty.

It’s not offensive, to me at any rate; the professionally offended of STW may beg to differ I suppose. It’s just so very tedious.

Drac

I think we should all sit down with milk and cookies.

Oh wait!

bearnecessities

trotted out

Vegan traitor 🙂

Cougar

That’s better, at least you’re both trying.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What cougar said. Banter is fine but this happens every time

If someone asked what fat bike and everyone just described a unicyle fat bikers would look grumpy.

bearnecessities

Yeah, but that would be really offal.

*leaves thread*

Drac

If someone asked what fat bike and everyone just described a unicyle fat bikers would look grumpy.

I hope there’s no vegan ones as they’ll implode.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Thread experiment:

Thread a. What are the best crisps? (Discuss crisps)

Thread b. What are the best vegan snacks? (Attack strawmen with the ferocity and Dunning-Kruger grade wit reminiscent of Daily Mail readers commenting on cyclists)

myti
    Free Member

No as it has no butter, cream or eggs in it. I’d never made vegan pastry before but it came out great.

slowoldman

fat bikers

Is that someone who rides a fat bike or…?

km79
    Free Member

Never mind all the vegan talk. How busy do dog homes get that they need their own cafe?

chip
    Free Member

It’s quite s big dogs homes, so people who work at and come to see the dogs use it.
    But they also have lots of regulars who just come in for the cafe. the far end of the cafe away from the food counter you are allowed to bring your dogs in as long as you don’t let them sit on the seats.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Go with the non-vegan specific fun option then it’s a non issue. Just don’t wrap it up too tightly.

IdleJon

myti – Member

No as it has no butter, cream or eggs in it. I’d never made vegan pastry before but it came out great.

Ah, of course. I assumed that the sweet potato was the pie topping, not pastry, and wouldn’t use butter, cream or eggs anyway, in that sort of thing anyway.

(One of my current bugbears is when a recipe describes something just to jump on a bandwagon eg gluten free tomato soup. Well, made properly tomato soup is gluten free anyway so why the need for the ‘gluten free’ bit?)

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Secret Santa for a vegan.’ is closed to new replies.