• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pj11.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Second hand I phone advice.
  • pj11
    Free Member

My son needs a new I phone preferably a 5s or a 6 after dropping his one down the loo! Where’s a good place to get a decent one?, don’t fancy going down the e bay route.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Something till he learns not to drop it?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Something till he learns not to drop it?

I am very tempted to say this …

Most decent phones I know are sold by friends and family, via Facebook etc. He should ask around his friends. I wouldn’t buy him anything decent like a 6 unless you can be sure he’s going to look after it. He can have an old 4 or 4s even ? What phone do you have ? Buy yourself a new one and give him yours ?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Get a waterproof android phone. Sony does them. I assume others too.

pj11
    Free Member

To be fair this is the first time he’s damaged anything valuable , he’s 15 , my phones on a contract till the end of next year so that’s not an option. Thought I’d get a 5s for £150 ish and get it insured this time..

cchris2lou

the ioutlet .

my son did exactly the same and dropped his down the toilet .

£75 for a 5c with a 12 months warranty . grade C , so not exactly mint condition but it is working fine .

pj11
    Free Member

Thanks Chris

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think dropping in the loo is the most common cause of water damage. Tell him not to use phone in loo and/or pee sitting down (something you learn to do a small boat at sea btw for obvious reasons)

superstu
    Free Member

Shimano

drlex
    Free Member

Had an email from giffgaff pushing their marketplace pre-owned phones with a £20 discount – 5c are now £99; 5s £149. 6 month warranty & no quibble returns, claims the website – non-referral linky

mattbee

Sorry to AstroTurf but when my new SE arrives tomorrow I’ll be putting my 64gb 5s up for sale, probably on here. Either message me for details or look for the classified ad so I’m not spamming this thread with a ‘for sale’.

slackboy

O2 are/were selling new iPhone 5s on contract. The beautiful thing about 02 is the phone hardware and airtime are seperate contracts

I bought the phone up front for £170, asked them to unlock it and then cancelled the airtime contract in the 14 day cooling off window.

New unlocked iphone for price a refurbished.

slackboy

current 16gb iphone 5s Prices from 02 refresh
    New: £187
    Used “perfect” : £153
    Used “almost perfect: £129

You have to take outa contract took get that price but as mentioned you can then cancel that contract as soon as you’ve had the phone unlocked (for free by 02)

downhilldave

650b ?

pj11
    Free Member

Can anybody recommend a decent company for insuring I phones?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Second hand I phone advice.’ is closed to new replies.