Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Seat post rack or Handle Bar Bag ?
  • leahstaff
    Free Member

Newbie post so please be gentle !

I'm considering some form of bike mounted bag\rack so i can lighten the load off my back when i'm out for the day and so i can take my camera etc.

Was considering either
    A Topeak seatpost mounted rack (£35) and bag (£40)
    or
    A Topeak handle bar mouted bag.(£45)

Now i know the handle bar bag might be seen as a bit girly but i realy like the idea of somewhere to mount the OS map – the one i'm looking at has a top map pocket.

Any advice ? Comments pros \ cons of each !

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I'd take a look at a saddlebag from http://www.carradice.co.uk

The Barley is plenty big enough for day rides. They're made in the UK and last forever 😉

Stuart

leahstaff
    Free Member

Thanks Stuart I'll have a look !

brad101
    Free Member

[/url]

If you just wont storage try mountaing the alpkit xtra dry bag on your bars. The 8 litre is just the right size. have used mine for bivi trips

druidh
    Free Member

Handlebar bags are great. I use an Ortlieb – with the removable map case on top. Magic for detaching form the bike and wandering around with. You can get a camera internal divider for them too.

One thing to watch out for is that they can restrict the use of bar-mounted lights.

disben

I agree with still s8tannorm – bought one of the carradice bags about 2 months ago and have used it to commute – its great – no weight on my back, simple to use and will be brilliant to transfer from my commuter to my FS bike for bivi'ing

http://www.carradice.co.uk/products/type/sqrtrax

It fits easily to the seat post and you dont notice it!

Better than a rack as it isnt there when you dont need the bag.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Seat post rack or Handle Bar Bag ?’ is closed to new replies.