Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Seat Leon (58)
  • Rochey
    Free Member

Poss looking to buy a Seat Leon (new shape) but I want to ask the singletrack massive there thoughts.

Should I if not what do you recommend.

Cheers

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I got one 57 plate from new, done nearly 50 K in it, not let me down yet, handles and rides MINT.

Had the Mk1 as well for 3 years from new, did 89K in it and again never let me down.

I like the Seat brand now alot. 😀

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Got an 04 plate TDI Cupra (old shape). Only problem is leaking door seals. Cracking car to drive, either conservatively for 50mpg fuel consumption or for hooning around in and throwing it through corners.

New shape supposed to be even better.

Jammy111
    Free Member

a mate has the leon, ive got the ibiza sc. i'd say both are nice cars but mine is nicer as its the sport version rather than the s. this means mine has nicer seats, alloys and a bit of leather splashed around the steering wheel and gear knob, plus sporty suspension set up. If the one you are looking at is decent trim level you cant go wrong- seats are great value for money and have a nice sporty feel to them! plus the 0% finance i got on mine helps 😀

alwyn
    Free Member

Fast but bits fall off it.

Spaceman
    Free Member

My lass has been looking to buy one of these for the last few weeks. I was always meaning to ask the opinion of the singletrack massive but never got round to it! OP, thanks for asking.

She's now looking at a new shape bright yellow diesel 3 odd year old low milage for 7.5K, it looks a good deal to me, but I know **** all about buying cars as I've had a company car for the last 8 years.

They seem to be good motors.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I've had three or four in the last two years. Really like the turbo diesel and drives really well. I'd be happy to own one – these were hire/company cars in Gibraltar/Spain.

martinxyz
    Free Member

nope, i`ll think you will find that bits dont tend to fall off them.. well,thats going by the seat owners on stw. my ibiza is 196k now and its only had a maf sensor and 2 abs sensors.
    stuff like discs,pads,exhaust,cat,tyres and filters arent even going to be mentioned here.only three parts have failed that i can think of, the other stuff has rusted or corroded.failed in a way,but i dont class it as a failure that makes me want to put the car brand down.its expected on any car after that mileage.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

My last post on this thread. As previosly said I have had a Mk1 Leon FR turbo diesel and did nearly 90K in 3 years from new, no problems, mega car, quick and handle well with excellent mpg.

Now Leon Cupra petrol MK2, fast as… and handles mega, done nearly 50 K in it in two years, no problems.

Both company cars so have had a mega thrashing. 8)

alwyn
    Free Member

My Dad owns one and the left hand side 'body kit' fell off and the handbrake cover also fell off. Mechanically fine, trim is shocking. Thats after 17k on the clock.

mutley

had 2 mk1s. love em, got the 150bhp FR tdi at the mo

fast, reliable, comfortable, economical

tried the mk2, but really didn't like the way it felt to drive

great brand tho, would buy another in a heart beat

mcobie
    Free Member

http://Www.honestjohn.co.uk is your friend.

I had a 02 leon that I loved, very quick and had fantastic handling. In their class they are the best IMO.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Seat Leon (58)’ is closed to new replies.