Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Scumbag To Look Out For!
  • wisepranker
    Free Member

Just seen a link to this on another site.

http://www.capitalfm.com/southcoast/on-air/news-travel/local-news/help-find-biker-who-killed-dog/

Hopefully if anyone rides around the Caesar’s Camp area and sees him they can either report him or possibly assist him in having a nasty fall from his bike.
    Scumbag.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hopefully if anyone rides around the Caesar’s Camp area and sees him they can either report him and let proper justice take place. or possibly assist him in having a nasty fall from his bike.

FTFY.

But yes, hoping someone can shop him. Pronto.

binners

Perhaps it was dog-egg rage?

You know that moment when you plough through a huge freshly laid one, that then sprays up off your front tyre and liberally coats you. At that precise moment, even in the most zen-like person, homicidal thoughts towards canines are perfectly understandable

CheesybeanZ

You know that moment when you plough through a huge freshly laid one, that then sprays up off your front tyre and liberally coats you. At that precise moment, even in the most zen-like person, homicidal thoughts towards canine owners are perfectly understandable .

xcgb
    Free Member

Yeah – but its known that animal cruelty often moves onto human cruelty so its good to catch the perps

Cougar

Is it? By whom?

Mental story, anyway. Maybe there’s some sort of backstory we’re not privy to? Aside from being horrible it seems a crazy thing to just do; not a small dog either, I’d be scared to death of hitting something that size at any sort of speed.

z1ppy

Cougar +1, doesn’t sound the most likely of stories due to the likely hood of crashing but you never know

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Got to admit it sounds a little funny to me… Maybe the alternative version is that the dog ran in front of him, in a chasing cars type fashion, but the dog owner has got ‘his version of the facts’ in first?

onandon
    Free Member

Caesar’s Camp is my local loop. I was around that night and saw two pricks on MX bikes. not sure if was this guy or another but they didn’t give a to55 about anyone/anything else.
    I though it would be only a matter of time before a death would happen by accident – didn’t think it would be on purpose.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Definately not getting the full picture here, i wonder what actually happened.

khani
    Free Member

😥 there’s some right arseholes out there…
    Doesn’t really matter what actually happened, even if the dog owner had a run in earlier, killing something to prove a point is wrong…

spacemonkey

If the story is accurately portraying what happened them I’m with the OP – the rider will himself feel the impact of a very fast moving bike and get shunted 25ft through the air.

Coyote
    Free Member

If he has ridden a bike at “60” mph intentionally at a large dog, then he is either insane or ignorant of the potential effects to himself.

However, like others I can’t help thinking that we don’t have the full story.

watsontony
    Free Member

for the pepole who live in the arear, the bike is some sort of ktm 2 stroke, either 125 or 250, also with it having a front light i can only assume its either road leagal or is an enduro bike

Pigface
    Free Member

Could be a 300 KTM

klumpy
    Free Member

Something weird there.
    I find it hard to believe that someone would ride at a dog for any reason.
    I find it impossible to believe that someone would ride at a dog for NO reason.
    I find it hard to imagine hitting a dog that hard and not falling off.
    I find it hard to believe that someone would hit a dog, deliberately or not, and then (while in possession of a number plate?) continue to just *ride around*.

Maybe it all did happen as reported, unbelievable stuff sometimes does…

Cougar

Plenty of reading if you are interested in the subject:

Thanks for the links. Interesting reading indeed.

Something weird there.

+1.

People are generally bad at estimating speed and tend to overestimate.

There’s plenty of YT footage of bikers hitting things of that size (deer, for example) and usually doesn’t end well for either party. I didn’t see a mark on the bike in the picture.

No witnesses. I’d speculate that rider was giving it beans in a low (high-revving) gear so appeared faster than he was, the dog ran in front of the bike with unfortunate consequences, and the understandably upset owner presented his version of events accordingly.

Still doesn’t absolve the rider of much though, of course. Probably going inappropriately quickly even then, and failed to stop after an accident (you’re legally obliged to report killing a dog, if memory serves). I just don’t think it’s the ZOMG MANIAC DOG KILLER story it’s reported as.

freeagent
    Free Member

Agree with everyone else who says we aren’t getting the whole truth..

My guess is the dog run out in front of him/jumped up at him which sent him into a rage.

Still a scumbag, but would be nice to know what really happened..

cooie

Couple of comments in the op’s link suggest the bike could be stolen.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Yeah OK we don’t have the full story.
    But….
    1. The bike shouldn’t have been there in the first place.
    2. The dog is dead.

That’s enough for me.
    If it was something other, then let the bike rider have the balls to show up.
    I doubt he will.

Whichever, it’s a sad affair! 🙂

CountZero

Perhaps it was dog-egg rage?

You know that moment when you plough through a huge freshly laid one, that then sprays up off your front tyre and liberally coats you. At that precise moment, even in the most zen-like person, homicidal thoughts towards the canines owners are perfectly understandable

There, that’s better!

klumpy
    Free Member

1. The bike shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

Be careful with that – most MTBing is done where “it shouldn’t be”, and I’ve had a pair of dogs leap out at me because “they don’t like cyclists”.

allthepies
    Free Member

I saw a flyer pinned to a post at the start of a byway on a ride last night (close to Farnham) offering a £1000 reward for info about a nicked bike. Looked familiar….

Cougar

It’d be interesting to know if it was reported stolen before the incident.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Scumbag To Look Out For!’ is closed to new replies.