Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Scary american, scary paranoid, scary proprer mashed up people around…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

That video was hilarious, I reckon he is a real life ‘taxi driver’ just waiting for the ‘real rain’ to fall.

Maybe he just lives in South London…

jackthedog
    Free Member

I think you’ve got your causality backwards. People who are more likely to kill someone are more likely to be tooled up.

I also love the statistic that owning a gun increases your chances of being shot.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i had some “interesting” conversations when i was in california – about what certain folk would do if america was invaded – they do seem very paranoid about being invaded ….

others , like the guy i was over visit just use em for hunting – bloody big gun for hunting though

Junkyard
    Free Member

Firearms and violence are not automatically synonymous.

of course they are not but do you think a violent person is more likely to have /want one than a peace loving pacifist?

You need 21 ft between you and the person you want to shoot for it to be effective if it is in a holster and you are trained.
    better to learn some self defence if you are that paranoid IMHO
    I know he uses a knife but think how may times he would have hit them
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igSoJHEdUo[/video]

jackthedog
    Free Member

most houses have at least some guns in

LOL at “some”. Bit like tea light holders in the UK. Most houses probably have at least some.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Junkyard – TBH that’s kind of been my overriding feeling about this EDC lark since finding out about it. It all seems to be about preparedness, and yet keeping fit and nimble, and learning basic self defence probably does more good than carrying pocket fulls of tactical gear. All the knives and torches in the world won’t stop a fat boy from being the first victim of a zombie onslaught.

Mind you, if it’s anything like MTBing, on EDC forums there’s probably already threads entitled “Have self defence courses become the latest de rigueur accessory?”

By the way, I think the fact that this thread has turned mainly into a gun conversation perfectly illustrates the image problem EDC suffers.

anjs
    Free Member

Makes going top a camping store over in the states interesting,
    #

tent, check
    Sleeping bag, check
    Stove, check

Hmm feels like somethings missing oh yes must remember to pick up a m16 on the way out.

molgrips
    Free Member

I also love the statistic that owning a gun increases your chances of being shot

Correlation, not causal link….

v8ninety

Makes going top a camping store over in the states interesting,

Or even Wallmart…

Milk- check
    Sugar- check
    Twinkies- check
    Pump action shotgun- what the?!?… Check

anjs
    Free Member

Wonder if you could bungiee an AK 47 to the top tube?

Cougar

Or even Wallmart…

I was about to say that. My first visit to Walmart was an eye-opener. It’s exactly like ASDA, only with a heavy-duty firearms section inbetween the dairy aisle and the baked goods.

Tiger6791

The Southern Yeti – Member

No.

{like I’d tell him the truth}

Fair point…

highclimber
    Free Member

I love the fact that he didn’t take a firearm to Disneyland was because it would have been too much paperwork at the airline and not that its frighteningly paranoid to carry one in what would seem to be a relatively safe children’s environment! Freak!

Tiger6791

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV6zREG3u0Q[/video]

jackthedog
    Free Member

Haha, the above video is hilarious.

Northwind

I do like the first video’s incredibly phallic knuckleduster thing.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Tactical Pens for those who aren’t scary survival types are designed to operate in environmental extremes (underwater, deserts etc) and are strong enough to be used as tools/weapons if need be. Some are even sharpened at the tip so when the nib is retracted you can stab people.

We have some at work for marine salvage work as they hard to break and work in the wet and filth, haven’t tried stabbing anyone as yet.

Stoner
    Free Member

incredibly phallic knuckleduster thing.

how big’s your willy?
    😉

Northwind

Hey, apparently my car’s a phallic symbol too. It falls somewhere inbetween 😉

MSP

Stoner – Member

incredibly phallic knuckleduster thing.

how big’s your willy?[/quote]

Small but known to cause damage and allow an opportunity to escape when thrust into an attackers face.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

LOL at that video!

“These are my sunglasses, they protect me from light.”

Now that IS paranoia!

montylikesbeer

back home from the ride / ale house. septics are loooons , its official

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Scary american, scary paranoid, scary proprer mashed up people around…’ is closed to new replies.