Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sausagetrackworld
  • tomaso
    Free Member

I am thinking of making my own sausages! Anyone do it or done it?

Was gonna buy one of these things ebay link to meat grinder sausage machine

First sausage to be made would be a coarse Italian style fennel number.

1-shed
    Free Member

fennel!!! You don’t deserve any help. Try again.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Yup, it’s pretty easy really and it’s a lot easier to get skin than it used to be.. You need a lot more seasoning and spice than you’d think – fry off some patties of the meat to check before you fill, don’t overfill the sausages and, ideally, turn it into a bit of a competition…

sandwicheater

Yep, do it once every few months with a friend.

http://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/ is a good starting point for equipment and skins.

Have this chap for the mincing, http://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/butchers-equipment/mincers/manual/stainless-steel-manual-no-8-mincer.html greatbut not the best stuffer. I’d get a dedicated stuffer if you want to do more than a single batch.

Normally make about 16lbs in an afternoon with our friends. Just make up the recipes.

Did try and make Chorizo last year, epic fail. Need to construct a descent drying cupboard.

Junkyard
    Free Member

greatbut not the best stuffer

So many jokes and puns

MUST RESIST

bruneep

Where to start…

You do sausage things with a mate and you have a chap who minces for you 😯

sandwicheater

😆 Just read it back, even had myself giggling. Plenty of time to edit but i’ll not.

You’ve got me thinking I’ve not made a batch in a while. Like the idea of fennel, will give that a whirl.

I’d be weary of anything electric. Amazed how much force I need to get some of the fat and sinew to mince. For £30 it’s worth a punt though.

BillMC

aka Sausagesandwicheater?

slowoldman

fennel!!! You don’t deserve any help. Try again.

Au contraire or whatever they say in Italy. Pork and Fennel sausages are superb. My butcher makes great ones.

tomaso
    Free Member

Pork and fennel is as Italian as you get!

Thanks for the replies. I am gonna give the £30 machine a whirl and see if I like sausage action…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sausagetrackworld’ is closed to new replies.