Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Saturday Salisbury ride (pics) and a few from todays Qs bash.
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Great route , great company and great dayout.I would very much like to do that route again ,please. Thanks Anna. Comments ?

click the above pic for more pics.
    And today I got for an early Qs breakfast ride and toasted tea cakes at the Combe hotel. Below is where I had unprepared dismount, ok it was a crash really.

click the above pic for more pics.

oldfart

Mr K can i be a nuisance and ask how my pics are doing please? Only just over a week left in work and i would like them to see an alternative to cooking sunday lunch !!!lol!Good pics as usual btw.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I love that terrain!

I was in that London this weekend, so only a nice 40 miler around the Surrey Hills for me. But a large part of my heart belongs to the chalklands…..!

knottie8
    Free Member

just sealed the envelope down tonight………..

cinnamon_girl

Good pics as always knottie!

Is that another injury you have??!!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Is that the infamous log drop Knottie? Need to come back to the Quantocks soon, but can’t find a free weekend until late August 🙁 I think there is a date for a Marlborough Downs ride at some point, is that right CG? Kinda hoping my winetasting falls through so I can come to Brechfa…

saladdodger
    Free Member

Marlborough downs ride Mmmmmmmmmmmm Barbury castle loop etc sorry rich but do not waste your time get back to the Q’s ( please note I speak with 15 years of experiance riding there)

cinnamon_girl

Rich – Wiltshire ride on Sunday 9th August for the STW creme de la creme 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

It’s all good Saladdodger, the lack of singletrack gives you more time to appreciate the scenery 🙂

Irrelevant though, as I’m driving back from the alps on the 9th so can’t make it 🙁

saladdodger
    Free Member

yes the scenary is nice soft and fluffy but alas

The ride I did enjoy when I lived there was from Barbury Castle to Cherhill via Avebury, it was always a nice run and I lived in Wroughton then so I could ride from my front door.

saladdodger
    Free Member

bloody hell Knottie even I can do the log in one piece

But water is a differant subject 😕

Andy

I’m with Saladdodger (and I remember us concurring on the Classic Qtox ride earlier this year) that there is no comparison of Marlboro downs vs Quantocks. Except for the phenominal speeds (67mph) to be had off barbury on a road bike 8O.

sharki
    Free Member

Another social ride missed by me, hey ho, i had a great weekend with my brats instead.

Knottie..how the hell did your bike land there?

You shouldn’t land till your past the tree just in shot on the left.

Ahhhh!! i get it, you were trying to ride over he tree drop whilst climbing back up the hill and the bike looped out……..

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Looks wet, is it or just the pics?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Saturday Salisbury ride (pics) and a few from todays Qs bash.’ is closed to new replies.