Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Saracen Ariel riders – what size are you on?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m looking seriously at a new Ariel, but hovering a gnat’s whisker under the 6ft mark am undecided which size would be better especially as, on paper, the M is a pretty long bike.

My local dealer only has a limited Saracen range, and being based on the Isle of Wight makes getting to another dealer with more stock a little more awkward.

So before I do any further research – any current Ariel owners out there care to share their size / thoughts?

tomhoward

I’m a whisker over 6ft, and as a play bike (ie not riding long climbs, or spending all day in the saddle) I found the medium to be great fun. That said, it was the 162 I played with, not the newer 15x. (don’t own one, just had a full day demo)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Cheers Tom. I compared the 2013-2014 geometries and they’re pretty similar, which is why I thought it wasn’t too daft asking the question. 🙂

l0key
    Free Member

6ft2 here and riding a medium 152, I don’t attack climbs mind. Then again that isn’t the purpose of the bike, bimble up and beast down.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Don’t you find that short I0key? I’m guessing you’ve got quite a lot of post showing (so to speak)?

Have to admit that I’m viewing it more as an ‘mountain’ bike, so envision getting some climbs in…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Saracen Ariel riders – what size are you on?’ is closed to new replies.