Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Santa cruz nickel owners
  • dab

SC Nickel owners
    What other bikes did you consider and why did you reject themin favour of the Nickel ??

Have a serious hankering for a nickel but it’s a spendy bike vs some of the opposition
    Opinions and pics most welcome 🙂

wors

i’m looking at these too. For me i don’t want loads of travel but want it to be slack. I reckon the nickel fits the bill.

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

i like these as well.i suppose they havent flooded the market cuz for the same money you could go longer travel.

porter_jamie

My missus got a camber instead. Nice and slack and way cheaper too.

SBrock
    Free Member

SC Nickel owners
    What other bikes did you consider and why did you reject themin favour of the Nickel ??

Head over to MTBR and look in the Santa Cruz section, there is loads of info from Nickel owners there, I have a SC Buthcer I know it’s a bit more burly than a Nickel, but all the Nickel owners I know wanted a relatively short travel bike that pedalled well which took a bit of abuse, also the Nickel is relatively slack and goes well with a 130mm fork.

Compared to a Camber they are not cheap, but your are buying into the Santa Cruz brand and you won’t see many about.

Bregante

I had a spin on one at One Planet Adventure and it was nice but found it a bit weighty for the travel. Also didn’t think the complete bikes were that great a bargain. I was also considering a Transition Bandit but couldn’t get a demo. I ended up with a Nicolai Helius because I got a good deal on here. I’m more than happy with it but could easily have gone for a frame only Nickel.

wors

I was also considering a Transition Bandit but couldn’t get a demo

This is the bike I wanted initially but had the same problem, I contacted surf sales about it but didn’t get a reply, which didn’t instill confidence in case of an issue later.

A nickel with 140 fork would be ace i reckon.

batman11
    Free Member

I had a nickel last year nice bike but even with a good build kit it was weighty 31lb plus. Rode nice much more active than a heckler/superlight. It did everything you could ask it to do. But as above I am now looking at a bandit as it is as near to a cruz TRC but half the price. Personally I recon if it fits you, it is ni on the perfect trail bike.
    Bats

SBrock
    Free Member

That’s where brands like Santa Cruz come up trumps, I wanted to demo a Butcher, so my nearest SC dealer got Jungle (SC uk distrubutor) to send there demo Butcher to them, I paid £50 deposit, I had the bike all weekend, ok it back Monday and ordered a frame and they refunded the £50!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Santa cruz nickel owners’ is closed to new replies.