Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Santa Cruz heckler + 36 tooth renthal = problems!! Help please
  • billysewartcrf
    Free Member

Hi chaps basically just converting my heckler from normal triple set up to double and bash, but come up against a problem…… Right im running a hope bottom bracket, the frame bb Width is 73mm (one spacer drive side) and truativ gxp crank with 22inner ring, renthal 36 middle and bash guard.
    Basically there’s not enough clearance between the middle (36 tooth ring) and the frame, so the chain can’t move up or down, anybody had this problem before? Thanks

honourablegeorge

Is it a clearance issue? Those renthal rings aren’t designed for shifting – they’re for single ring setups only

billysewartcrf
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a clearance issue just had a look though google and seems its a common fault, and when I looked at the ring I thought that because normally they have a different shape on the inside of the rings to help them change don’t they

honourablegeorge

Yeah, they’ve got no grooves, and longer teeth. Might shift OK, might not. but deffo not designed for it.

billysewartcrf
    Free Member

Ok if not I may just man up and go 1×9

godzilla
    Free Member

My 2011 bake was the same with 36t on an SLX double, i used some .5mm spacers and shimmed the BB out on the drive side.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz heckler + 36 tooth renthal = problems!! Help please’ is closed to new replies.