Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sales in the shops are on. Anyone seen a bargain to rival the Kaffenback?
  • pidge
    Free Member

Totally out of my depth with regards bikes and their specs. All I know is my bike is crap and I need a knew one.
    I have a budget of £650.
    Hybrid/urban bikes seem to fit my bill.
    The sales are on and their seems to be some good savings to be had.
    Should I consider a clearance bike or stick with the Kaffenback? Anyone seen any bargains I should be jumping on?
    It will be used daily to get kids to school and me to work and university (10 miles daily). Needs to be able fit some sort of mud guard to prevent my derriere getting filthy when riding the tracks out the back of my house. I use a trailer to lug the kids around in, so needs to be of robust nature with disc breaks. When the trailer is off I have a habit of weaving around traffic so a straight bar is best as it gives me a better vantage point.

Many thanks

Pidge

alexpalacefan

Kaff is perfect for that really

APF

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d be looking at secondhand personally (unless you need to fund it with C2W)

Superficial
    Free Member

http://www.wheelbase.co.uk/genesis-croix-de-fer-20-2015.html

As usual, my suggestion is significantly over-budget. BUT it’s a massive reduction on a great bike. It’s what I bought (At nearly full price, grumble grumble).

ampthill

Pinnacle Lithium 5

Deore type bits including hydro brakes

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pinnacle/lithium-five-2015-hybrid-bike-ec071283

Long top tube. A Karrenback would be too short for me with flat bars

Lower gearing which may or mat not be good for you

fionap

As usual, my suggestion is significantly over-budget. BUT it’s a massive reduction on a great bike. It’s what I bought (At nearly full price, grumble grumble).
    Acquired one of these today at a better price (albeit ex-display) from an excellent LBS – shout out to Soanes in Colyton, Devon (http://devoncycles.co.uk/)! My first drop-bar bike. Cannot wait to get out on it.

Teedertodder

I’ve got a 2 week old Kaffenback2 frame/forks/ red ano headset for sale if you fancy building a bike up?
    I’ve only used it to get to work and back 3 times, so its not even got wet yet.
    I’ve also got a brand new front mech and band for it that I never got round to fitting; plus some week-old Bontrager mudguards.

All in cost about £230 but would sell it for £150 + delivery. I just don’t fit it very well and PlanetX won’t have it back (understandably) as its now used.

Its unmarked.

All the best

Howie
    Edinburgh

Teedertodder

Apologies, I forgot to say its a Medium.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sales in the shops are on. Anyone seen a bargain to rival the Kaffenback?’ is closed to new replies.