Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Saint or zee brakes
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Bit a Dilemma as which to hit the button on.For use as downhill brake but have read that the saints have a bit less modulation and may have a bit to much power for us mere mortals.Anyone used both.
    Cheers all

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yep, had saints on my Nukeproof Scalp and have Zee’s on my DMR Bolt.

I’d opt for the Zee’s everytime without question, the saints IMO are silly powerful and do not forgive an over zealous braking technique. The Zee’s have all the power you need but require far less finesse to get the most out of them. It took me a long time to find my way with the saints and for a long time regretted buying them, The Zee’s were spot on immediately. Given the price and the perfect modulation on the Zee’s, it’s a no brainer.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Zeeeeeeeee………unless you really NEED the tool free adjust.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Zee without doubt, you won’t be disappointed. Have a good night out with the savings.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I get confused when people harp on about brakes lacking modulation. I’ve got saints and have no issue at all with everything from feathering to full lock on any trail surface. Do other peoples fingers work in a different way?

Its ace having full power available if you need it. Saying that theres very little difference between the brakes so I’d get zee for a non pimp bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

My new Zees just arrived, £150 from Bike Discount.

🙂

BoardinBob

A lot of issues with the levers on the M820 saints.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I’ve had both and would go for Zee – as above, the only differentiator for me was the bite point adjust, do you need it?

Scamper
    Free Member

Can’t comment on Saints, but Zee are a step up on SLX in terms of power and more importantly modulation.

Didn’t a bike mag test conclude they were more `powerful’ than Saint?

gonzy
    Free Member

Didn’t a bike mag test conclude they were more `powerful’ than Saint?

i’d read that too. IIRC it said that the Zees seemed to create more stopping power on the dyno than the Saints.
    factor in the lower cost and lighter weight…choosing the Zees becomes a bit of a no-brainer

i think this is the link
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/components/disc-brake-systems/product/review-shimano-zee-m640-brakes-14-48060/

robhughes
    Free Member

Great stuff.Thanks lads.
    chakaping which pads have yours arrived with from zee germans.Finned or not.
    Pun intended. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

normal pads, not finned

robhughes
    Free Member

Cheers bud.. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Saint or zee brakes’ is closed to new replies.