Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Safety of helmet cams
  • matt_outandabout

TfL and BBC have done some research – and the results are a surprise to me… It seems that cameras mounted on helmets increase energy transfer/injury levels on slight impacts, but in most cases reduced it for big impacts…

http://www.sapoe.org.uk/news/bbc-safety-helmet-cams

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Pfft, they’ve got it wrong

Everyone knows if you have a helmet cam on and are involved in a crash, it’s all about getting your head at the right angle for the best shot!

poly
    Free Member

That is surprising. Of course there is a different question of whether using a camera encourages you to take bigger risks in the first place. Interesting that it was the BBC which commissioned the study not the camera or helmet makers!

matt_outandabout

I think (having used some BBC stuff before) that the BBC H&S department do all sorts of research, as it has impact on what they do daily and no-one else does the work…

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Everyone knows if you have a helmet cam on and are involved in a crash, it’s all about getting your head at the right angle for the best shot!

Good reason to get one of those 360 cameras, you can be sure to never miss a crash again 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I worry about having a cheap Chinese light embedded in my skull during night rides.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Safety of helmet cams’ is closed to new replies.