Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Sacking the Window cleaner – ettiquette.
  • hora
    Free Member

No I mean they were supposed to do ours too. Their angle was twice a month or not at all.

bazwadah
    Free Member

..oh and on the topic of how often they should be cleaned ,that’s up to the house owner. In my experience some people want their windows done every month, some once every 3 months – depends on location, budget, personal preference. heck, I don’t do my own windows every month! but if my house was on a main road or near a beach I might do them more often.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh you were breaking their cycle.

If they dont do yours twice a month they have to find something else to do for the other time each month

And its much easier to do a garden twice a month and keep it neat, once a month and your fire fighting

Unless your garden is paved and gravel souless trash.

They probably didnt need your work, gardening is an in demand service, we couldnt keep up with demand and were not any cheaper than others around. Kept getting enquirys and never advertised – not even on side of van!

tymbian
    Free Member

@ bazwadah…if your using a pole system how do you check the top Windows..ladder?

bazwadah
    Free Member

Good point Tymbian, I cant give a close inspection but by using brushes with mixed bristles (soft outer, rigid inner) you can scrub most dirt away from the frames, seals and glass. The important part is doing the rinse afterwards from the top corners downwards. The disadvantage of the pole system is you cant look up close at high windows, but can reach windows over hipped roofs. If there is any doubt that the window is clean I do have ladders for access, the longest pole I have is 35 foot.. I wouldn’t feel comfortable at that hight on a ladder!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Jesus Christ! Tell them you don’t want your windows done anymore. Look in yellow pages for someone else. Phone them with a phone. HOW HARD IS IT??!! HAS to be a troll thread.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Only problem we’ve had with them was when the mower…sent a golf ball…through the glass of one pane

In fairness to your self cleaning glass, I think a golf ball hitting it could be considered a step above ‘getting dirty’.

pingu66
    Free Member

£12 😯 how big is your house and does that include the orangery?

£3.50 once a month but as I am generous I give him £4.

Oh, I also do have more than one window!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Self-cleaning winders my arse. We’ve got self-cleaning winders and in 5 years I’ve not seen em clean self once. Lazy bastards.

Saccades
    Free Member

Crikey – costs me 25 quid every 6 weeks although he appears to do a proper job with the pole system thing.

3 bed semi D with a sunroom, so it looks like it’s expensive compared with everyone else.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Sacking the Window cleaner – ettiquette.’ is closed to new replies.