Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Saalbach, Austria. Anyone been?
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Few lads I ride with are talking about going here next year for a week on the bikes. Never heard about it before just wondered if anyone has been. The videos and pictures look good

http://www.bikesaalbach.com/package/search/14/

DaveBro
    Free Member

yep – went in july with family – expensive, but popular and fantastic mtb, they know their market so maps / signs and bike freindly facilities are plentiful – i didnt go for the 'technical' stuff but its there if you want it, if you like long marathon type rides, climbing / riding over spectacular scenery and fast decents you will love it.

note: If anyone is a veggy – then they will be loosing weight! – austrians just dont do vegetarianism.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Hi Clarky, We're based just over the hill in Kitzbuhel and I would say Austria is a great choice. I have guided from kitzbuhel for two full seasons now, and I still havent ridden all the singletrack in the area. the benefit of Kitzbuhel over Saalbach is there tends to be more alternative activities going on in the summer, and also the night life is pretty good.
    if you want any general info on the Tirol, or anything specific then just drop us an email.

Chris

GuyFox40
    Free Member

Been out in Austria twice this year in the Saalbach area.
    Plenty of options for singletrack and freeride/downhill stuff with the benefit of gaining loads of height on the lifts.
    Never got the chance to do the 5 lifts trip but will defo do next time, something like 5000m of descent for 1000m of climbing!
    Bring on the meat and cheese!!

ianpinder
    Free Member

clarky, i went out there 2 years ago, excellent for the biking and great for the family. to this date its the best holiday i have been on. I stayed in a place called enzien with sarah and her husband, they we so nice they took me to a bar and bought drinks for me whilst i was waiting for my friends to come. they are based in sallback at the bottom of the xline which finishes at there front door. Was thinking about a week there myself in the summer.

myheadsashed

I have friends in Waidring the riding rocks. they're ski instructors so they know the mountains very well.
    they're ditching smoking in the pubs soon so apres bike should be even better.

bigyim
    Free Member

its really tempting. (pending wife approval) Any rough idea on costs for a week? Did any of you drive over or all fly?

djglover
    Free Member

If they have a sauna where you are staying, make sure you are au fait with the dress code 😳

bigyim
    Free Member

What is the dress code. should i blow the cobwebs off my thong?

djglover
    Free Member

you will be hideously over dressed

bigyim
    Free Member

oh good lord.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

Im living down in Innsbruck and went up, its great!!!

I also ride alot in Innsbruck but there are alot of nice rides and has already been said there is everything for everyone. Begs to Adv.

Flying i think is by far the better way but if there is a couple of you, to drive is cool, and not that long depending where in the uk obviously.

We have loads of veggies too lol 😉 just hope you like the potato, if not then your defo screwed for dinner lol

nick

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Saalbach, Austria. Anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.