Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ryan Leech 30 day wheelie challenge anyone tried it?
  • ivorhogseye
    Free Member

Yup. I’m on day 14. It’s a great tutorial. I’m making real progress

dbcooper
    Free Member

Its $30 US to do right?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Does the $30 go to charity? If not might I suggest months wheelie thing with the money going to your charity of choice or a central STW approved one. Bullheart or similar.
    Christ, in 30 days with a half hour a day practice you should be able to wheelie round a blue route at a trail centre.

Who is in?
    Uphill

mikeep
    Free Member

I wonder what the average sensible number of replies are on STW posts before they become useless (people trying to be smart/funny)?

toons
    Free Member

i nearly signed up for this.

ivorhogseye would you mind explaining how much you’ve progressed?

jimification
    Free Member

Yeah, I just joined it. Perhaps it comes very easy to some people but I would say I’m reasonable at picking up physical skills but have still found learning to wheelie surprisingly elusive.

The lessons and tutorials in the challenge are very thorough and well thought out. Ryan also gives frequent helpful replies on a comments thread for each of the 30 stages to anyone having trouble with that component (even analysing video footage people post of their progress). IMO it’s a very well executed course.

Ivor: Great to hear it’s helping you. I’m only on day 3 but really enjoying it so far.

DezB
    Free Member

I think it’s a very well executed course and yes, worth the money.

Surely, you can only say that at the end, when you’re wheelieing all over the shop?

jimification
    Free Member

DezB: As I’m sure you well realise, you’re not paying $30 to be able to wheelie (if only!) You’re paying for a very skilled rider and teacher to break down and explain to you, as comprehensively as they can, all the individual components that make up that skill.

…and don’t call me Shirley.

Junkyard
    Free Member

From the link comments

Also–there is this site called Youtube that has many a free lesson on how to perform this most difficult and rarely performed trick.

THIS

blahblahblah
    Free Member

Paid it. On day 9 after 3 weeks (I get about 3 nights practice a week)

Significant progress and totally worth it IMO.

They way the learning is structured makes you focus on the individual component skills that make up a wheelie. The net result is I am now far more consistent than I was. I am building up the components in the correct order so I am making progress more rapidly than any of my previous attempts to learn.

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

Hi toons. When I started I could trail manual but sit down wheelies got nowhere. Ryan gives daily exercises that get you from zero to one or two pedal strokes. Then the tips and tricks start. I went out last night to a local football pitch. The grass was a bit long so I got a bit frustrated. However as my confidence has been built up over the weeks I decided to give it a go on a long path. I managed to get into the float zone and balance left/right for well over ten pedal strokes.at will. As you can imagine I was delighted and couldn’t help let out a whoop.
    I think the structure of the course with daily exercises really works and I’d wholeheartedly recommend it.

DezB
    Free Member

DezB: As I’m sure you well realise,

Clearly not!

makkag
    Free Member

lots of skills training this year Paul !! with the baby I havent touched the MTB . Off to BPW Next weekend I may die

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

We’re off to BPW on Saturday 23rd. When are you going?

toons
    Free Member

how’s everyone getting on?

packer
    Free Member

Would like to hear how this worked out for those that did it… can you wheelie like Ryan now??

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ryan Leech 30 day wheelie challenge anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.