Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Russian visa’s
  • scratch
    Free Member

Does the one visa cover all areas of the country?

Had a look on the consulate website, states 120quid cheapest, I’m assuming this is correct? expedia etc state 30/90quid.

konabunny
    Free Member

1) I am assuming you want to go for tourism

2) Check everything I say yourself

3) Yes, one visa for whole country. If they still ask for destinations/towns to be visited, then include anywhere you might go. But IME you don’t get problems being in Perm if your visa app only said Moscow.

4) 3) doesn’t apply to freaky/remote regions like Chechnya, Yakutia, oil/gold towns, but if you’re going there, you’ll have a local advisor anyway.

5) you need two payments for a Russian visa: someone to invite you (which you will pay for if you’re not their guest) and a processing fee to the Russian government. This probably explains why you’re seeing two different fees.

6) Cheapest/quickest reliable place for invitations is http://www.visahouse.ru – all done online iirc

7) There are different fees for processing: multientry v single entry, 24 hour/instant processing v 3 week processing etc.

8) When you get to Russia, you are supposed to register your visa with the local cops. In practice, your hotel will take care of this for you.

Good luck…

scratch
    Free Member

Thanks Konabunny! I thought it’d be a bit o.t even for here.

The region I’m looking at is around the Yamal Peninsula, so wasn’t sure if it’d be covered. Large gas industry in that area so I’m told, so not too sure on the system.

John_Key
    Free Member

you have to be invited. Just in the process of being invited to sakhalin for some work there. Once you get the letter you then apply to your local russian embassy for a visa…..

l

andytherocketeer

When I went (1994ish?), we got letter from someone inside Russia inviting us. Makes life a bit easier.

Visa had to state the towns where you will stay, in order, including where you enter from and exit to. eg ours said London, Moscow, Samara, Moscow, London. Have to register at each place in order with the police (hotel does this, or via town hall/police if staying at friends). If you don’t get all the stamps in order, you have issues getting out again.

Our visas were finally issued on the last working day before the flights. This is normal. Ready for collection on Friday, flights 1st thing Monday am.

mossimus
    Free Member

My tourist visa last year cost £55, this was all arranged by th etravel agent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Russian visa’s’ is closed to new replies.