Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Running tights with loose waist
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Does such an animal exist?

Following on from my acid reflux thread, I’ve come to the conclusion that my Skins compression tights really aren’t helping (they do say avoid tight clothing around the waist/stomach area).

Ideally they are to be worn under my running shorts, but it’s not essential.

Any suggestions?

martinhutch

Ron Hills can be modded in this way, if you can bear the shame.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have Ron Hills too, theres a small loop in the string that runs around the waist that can be undone to extend the waistband. It’s a bugger to get hold of though as it’s at the rear inside the waistband.. Just get a pair of tights that are slightly bigger than you need then undo the loop.

mikey74
    Free Member

Just get a pair of tights that are slightly bigger than you need then undo the loop.

That thought has crossed my mind as well. The only problem is that I am actually quite slim and I’m worried if I get them too loose, I may have an embrassing trouser/ankle interface moment while running along the high street 😀

avdave2

Having just bought compression tights and being rather sceptical about what they might do I’m now a bit of a convert. I run 3 times a week to work, a round trip of 11-12k and a Park Run on Saturdays. Anyway as I’d be reluctant o give them up it occurred to me that you might be able to notch the waistband and loosen it off. I can’t imagine the waistband is all that important in holing them up given how tight they are. The other thought was can you turn the waistband over so it’s lower?

loddrik
    Free Member

Ron Hill Evolutions

hammerite
    Free Member

Buy some from Aldi/Lidl when they have one of their specials. Within a few weeks the elastic will have perished enough for them to feel loose!

Btw I’ve been a happy purchaser of lots of their items, but not all have been great.

sirromj

Endura multi tight.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Decathlon.

antigee

^^I have some Decathlons that have a slackish tie waste and are 3/4 running tights – if you have one nearby and aren’t going to be an expensive waste if don’t feel any better

– if you wear shorts then cheap thermals M&S stylee are a baggy option and suitably old skool fell runnerish

mikey74
    Free Member

I don’t have a Decathlon nearby, but I’ve just spent this on their website:

“Easy dressing:
    these tights have an opening at the bottom of the leg.”

😆

lapierrelady

Most women’s tights have the opposite problem of no drawstring and just a high waistband- could be the answer?

noltae
    Free Member

Size up on some merino and then shrink them – the elastic waistband won’t shrink ..

midlifecrashes

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m not quite the shape of a minion yet 😆

irc

durhambiker
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair from Decathlon recently, and went with 2XL as they were out of XL. The legs fit fine, the waist is too big and I have to make sure I’ve got the waist cord done up tight to avoid the “pants falling down” feeling.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have a pair of nikes that fall somewhere between rnnhills at the top and and tight zippy bottoms.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have a pair of nikes that fall somewhere between rnnhills at the top and and tight zippy bottoms.

Any idea which ones?

surfer
    Free Member

why do people buy “like” Ron Hills when the originals are about £12. You can’t kill them with a stick they wash and dry quick. Why look for Nikes or any other brand?

mikey74
    Free Member

Because the Ron Hills aren’t actually tights, and stirrups are annoying.

RoterStern
    Free Member

What about running in bibbed tights?

mikey74
    Free Member

I thought about it but I hate bib versions of anything.

surfer
    Free Member

Because the Ron Hills aren’t actually tights, and stirrups are annoying

I never said they were! They are “running pants” for want of a better term, just put the stirrups behind your heel when you pull them on, you dont have to use them!

mikey74
    Free Member

UPDATE: Just bought some of these:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ekiden-warm-tights-id_8280370.html

I tried them last night and they were superb: Warm, excellent fit, and felt great when running. Look pretty nice as well.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Running tights with loose waist’ is closed to new replies.