Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Running Minion DHF as a rear tyre?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Heard this is quite good

Do you run it the normal way (as indicated by the tyre) or back to front?

awh
    Free Member

Do you want more grip or less rolling resistance?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

The latter

GW
    Free Member

ignore awh's pointless question. run it the same way as the front!
    if you want less rolling resistance choose a completely different tyre.

awh
    Free Member

My question was somewhat in jest. The biggest benefit will be from swapping to Minions, not which direction you run them. At the moment I'm using and liking a Minion DHR! Both are great tyres 😀

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Ta

GW
    Free Member

DHRs are alright, until it gets wet (similar characterisdtics to a Michy Comp 24) and work pretty well as a rear with a DHF up front but the two are not front and rear specific tyres and were designed for a different range of conditions and IME a DHF copes better than a DHR in pretty much all conditions.

_tom_
    Free Member

Sort of hijack, are the DHF good as a front tyre for all round use? I do a bit of everything apart from real hardcore DH and my Nevegal is pretty rubbish at keeping its grip when turning.

thebunk

I like mine – run the harder compound on the back and the really sticky compund on the front. Great even on wet roots. You can hear them trying to pull the tarmac up on road though!

squattingmouse
    Free Member

_tom_ – I ditched my huge 2.5 negeval for a minion DHF and found it must better on front. It's on my coiler so whilst it's not an xc bike it doesn't seem to cause too much drag or weigh it down too much.

BadlyWiredDog

Ace tyre, normal way round, front and back here. Ardent 2.25 on the rear now though, faster and still grippy in drier conditions. As big as a 2.35 Minion DHF as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Running Minion DHF as a rear tyre?’ is closed to new replies.