Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • BruceWee

I didn’t actually see the France Ireland game. What did Trinh-Duc and Parra do to get themselves dropped to the bench?

Also, I need some advice. My girlfriend is moving away for a couple of months next week. How do I break the news to her that I won’t be able to spend large parts of Saturday and Sunday with her because I’m watching rugby?

loum
    Free Member

bumpyglitchy

loum
    Free Member

Connor Murray was all over them till he went off. Sexton had one of his best games in ages too. They never let them control the game, or put them on the front foot. I’d say hard luck to come up against them in such form, but I guess the French public saw it as going backwards for an hour, in a home game 😉

Edit : Think Ferris and O’Brien dumped them a couple of times too. TBH, when Ireland do pull it together, its usually the opposition half-backs that take the brunt of it. (Clearly biassed, but I can only tell it how I see it 🙂 )

France were good in the last 1/2 hour, and Lionel Beauxis was on then, but I think he had a far easier time ‘cos Servat got their forwards rolling, and Murray (and later Sexton) weren’t the opposite halfs.

BruceWee

Looks like I’ll have to make some changes to my fantasy team. Parra wasn’t really doing much for me anyway, unlike Sexton! 🙂

loum
    Free Member

That fantasy thing fell apart for me when the first game got cancelled. Been sulking since.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, I need some advice. My girlfriend is moving away for a couple of months next week. How do I break the news to her that I won’t be able to spend large parts of Saturday and Sunday with her because I’m watching rugby?

Just dump her now. Save time later.

loum
    Free Member

Whatever you do, DON’T promise to make it up to her next weekend. The rugby’s just gonna get better, and she’s just gonna get angrier.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

What d you guys think about flood being released? so the 10s will be Farrell and Hodgeson with hodgeson on the bench I guess

Slightly surprised. By all accounts, Youngs and Flood played well together for Leicester last weekend so it would have made sense for Flood to be on the bench. Youngs has been terrible for England so surely his clubmate coming off the bench with him would help him regain some form?

I guess Youngs would’ve been dropped by now if Simpson wasn’t injured and Wigglesworth and Care also out of the picture.

It’s a truly sad state of affairs when England have scored FEWER tries than Scotland so far – I didn’t think such a feat was possible. 😉

BruceWee

Whatever you do, DON’T promise to make it up to her next weekend. The rugby’s just gonna get better, and she’s just gonna get angrier.

Bugger, that reminds me, I also need the name of a bar in Milan where I can watch the rugby for the final weekend.

And, I need to tell her that I’ll have to spend a significant amount of time watching rugby on the weekend I’m going to visit her.

Thinking about it, CFH’s solution might not be necessary.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

“Brand of rugby”

where and when did brand come into it, is it a professional thing? I do not recall teams playing style being called brands in the past.

I don’t like it and all the pundits appear to be using it now, who is repsonsible?

I don’t even think footballerists use “brand”, what is wrong with they play exciting rugby or they play sh1te rugby?

loum
    Free Member

Just a small part of the vast amount of sh1te spewed by commentators these days.
    You’re right, but best to ignore it, don’t let them spoil the game for you.
    I usually have to ignore most of what Brian Moore and Jonathan Davies say, but if you can’t get tickets, I find a noisy pub helps drown them out.

loum
    Free Member

psa rugby history on radio 4 now

ijs445ra
    Free Member

As a Scotland fan i am normally shouting a torrent of expletives at the TV as yet another golden opportunity goes to waste, drowns out the commentary almost as well as a pub.

Albanach
    Free Member

If you think BBC is bad try listening to RTE host Tom McGurk and pundit George Hook!!

molgrips
    Free Member

“Brand of rugby”

Fairly common figure of speech afaik, meaning a particular style of anything. Brand of humour, brand of music, anything.

BruceWee

Whenever I see George Hook I always think of the dog from the Churchill adverts.

“Ooohhh Noooo!”

jambalaya
    Free Member

@brucewee – trying to second guess French selection is a fruitless excersize, TD had a reasonable enough game did a few good things. Parra missed some important and straight forward kicks. The scoreline flattered Ireland, aside from some bold (risky ?) interceptions I thought they were the weaker side.

My good friend and supporter of Leicester said Flood is having a poor season with the boot and would not have kicked the conversion from the touchline anyway. Releasing Flood for the game against Italy doesn’t mean he will not come back for the Ireland game.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Whenever I see George Hook I always think of the dog from the Churchill adverts.

Reminds me of the Spitting Image puppet of Roy Hattersley

anagallis_arvensis

Have to laugh at zokes getting all shirty about people discussing danny care given how he enterred the thread. Top idiocy, well done.

So ireland, to miss quote Jake the Muss is it simply a case of “too many weights and not enough endurance work” ?
    They seemed to physically dominate France for 50 mins and then fade, they also faded badly against Wales despite having played very well and got into a winning position.

I think tranny duc is the best ten in the six nations, para’s passing was too slow imo.

PS mental note to self, must not swear at Zokes!!!

loum
    Free Member

too many weights and not enough Guinness

namastebuzz
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

I think tranny duc is the best ten in the six nations

Oh dear, shows how bad the competition is. 😕

BlindMelon
    Free Member

SOB out for Ire. O’Mahony in

http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/25843.php

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

“Brand of rugby”

Fairly common figure of speech afaik, meaning a particular style of anything. Brand of humour, brand of music, anything.

yeah right

None of those are brands – figure of speech only used by numpties

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

figure of speech only used by numpties

I’ll happily refer to a “brand of rugby” as a way of saying “type” or “style”. Nothing wrong with it. Or am I “numpty”?

Any chance you could keep your argumentative, condescending manner off this thread? You’ve managed to so far. Thanks.

anagallis_arvensis

TJ is just upset because the scottish play a brand of rugby which doesnt work!!!!!

Kryton57

I think the Irish tiredness could play into the hands of the English youngsters.

2 more wins for England then, and on that basis we’ll be top of the table in score differential decision won’t we?

With that, the Olympic cyclists, swimmers and young miss Ennis (slurp!) all winning gold, Jenson Button winning the F1 Championship, and Cav winninf Le Tour its a good year for england.

😀

duckman

What brand of rugby for muddy,wet,windy January afternoons? 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh Oh Oh CFH – and whos thread is it? Eh Eh? 🙂

sorry – that one just slipped out 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

This weekend i’m predicting an away win for scotland and two home wins. Although have just noticed rys webb is on bench for wales! Dear god i hope Phillips doesnt get broken.

loum
    Free Member

Best keep him off the beer on Friday night then. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, sorry, that was a little harsh. Posted after seeing too much of your other argumentative drivel.

I apologise. Sorry for being a bit too harsh there.

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh you naughty man CFH!
    Wales win, the others could go any way. This year things are very close. It’s ace 😀

zokes
    Free Member

Have to laugh at zokes getting all shirty about people discussing danny care given how he enterred the thread. Top idiocy, well done.

Having clearly been banned (again) for ad hominem attacks, your first ‘contribution’ is to call me an idiot. Clearly not learning much here…

Every time an English player does something stupid it gets crowed about on here by a select few. When I have the audacity to post a story to evidence that Welsh players are not immune to being plonkers, and I get screamed at. There’s also a story about a Scottish player glassing someone that’s been posted a couple of times, but nether of these release the pious venom that an English player transgressing does.

Just accept that some rugby players can be morons off the pitch and be done with it. Nationality has little to do with it, and seeing as for the most part all are Caucasian, neither does race.

anagallis_arvensis

Ad hominem ? Does that mean calling a spade a spade?
    Point out who started mud slinging about players, not even involved in the six nations, slandered a whole countries rugby supporters and then look to see who got all shirty when Danny Care’s problems have been bought up (not by me i must add). Then see if you dunces cap still fits.

BruceWee

TJ is just upset because the scottish play a brand of rugby which doesnt work!!!!!

Is dropping the ball at the worst possible moment considered a brand of rugby now?

zokes
    Free Member

Ad hominem ? Does that mean calling a spade a spade?

Nope, it means personal attacks when your arguments fail, i.e. calling me an idiot.

slandered a whole countries rugby supporters

I compared them to a whole country’s football supporters. If one’s slander then so too is the other.

then look to see who got all shirty when Danny Care’s problems have been bought up

I didn’t get shirty – I pointed out the ongoing hypocrisy enforced by a few one-eyed supporters of Wales and Scotland that when an England player does something stupid then they’re a disgrace, but when a Welsh or Scottish player transgresses, then that’s just fine because apparently they’re not high profile 🙄

anagallis_arvensis

Bless. At least you can cut and paste.

Pigface
    Free Member

Nope, it means personal attacks when your arguments fail, i.e. calling me an idiot.

Ah diddums Herr zokes, you have a very short memory or you really are an idiot.

Welsh players can be idiots, in fact a lot of Welsh people can be idiots but Mr Care seems to be on a slippery slope or maybe he is just unlucky.

zokes
    Free Member

Well, I’m really not an idiot, I just happen to disagree with you. The fact that you too have resorted to name calling implies you have lost the argument. And unlike A_A, I’ve got a good enough life whereby I don’t need to resort to getting my kicks by swearing at strangers on the internet when they disagree with me.

Welsh players can be idiots, in fact a lot of Welsh people can be idiots but Mr Care seems to be on a slippery slope or maybe he is just unlucky.

Indeed. I’d go one step further and say a lot of people can be idiots. Let’s just leave it at that shall we and get on with anticipating this weekend’s games?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.