Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • wrecker
    Free Member

How the mighty have fallen when loosing at home to wales narrowly is seen as positive

Au contrare. When a hugely hyped and vaunted team, favourites by a country mile, buoyant from getting to a RCW semi final cannot decisively beat a brand new, never played together team, some who have never even started an international game becomes cause for pics of players laughing then something’s wrong. should have been a cake walk. Were Wales exposed? The france game will be the teller. Beat France, then you can gloat but until then there’s no justification.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Truly the village idiot!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

OOI (only) did Walsh call advantage over? That was my only gripe at the time as I didn’t hear it.

talltom
    Free Member

ahhh remeber when the welsh team couldn’y make it out of the team hotel without having a scrap – it’s taken them 20yrs to get to this stage, let them enjoy it…………….still not won a world cup have they? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

glitchybumpynonsense

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

more glitchy bumps

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bleeding glitch

anagallis_arvensis

Wrecker you miss the point which is that wales are not that good. How many players were strating their first international? Owens and Parling? Doesnt that mean both teams were brand new never played together. Christ the two welsh wings havent played more than 40 times for their regions between them.
    Wales had a very young team out, younger than the england team and beat them on their own patch.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

C’mon guys ease up. If we are honest both England and Wales have rode their luck for their wins. And that is what good sides have to do to win. But this fact is what makes the 6N fun to watch at the moment. Ok, not if your Scottish of course 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d argue that there was more skill than luck in the Williams try, and more luck than skill in ChargeDown Charlie’s tries.

bruk

It was an ok match to watch but defences were very much on top.

Partly because there was very little quick ball from v slow rucks and both teams seeming to have forgotten to have a plan b if bashing with the centres didn’t work.

Farrell’s chip and chase was 1 example of how to try and get behind the defence, however I loved the North tackle straight after the chip.

I am worried the French will show us how to do just that kind of thing this avo.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

CFH I meant overall not the specifics of the tries. Wales took that try extremely well.

anagallis_arvensis

England’s players will have felt pretty miserable back in their changing room, and all the people in the world telling them how well they played won’t alter their sense of having lost a match they should have won. In my view England lost this Test match more than Wales won it but having said that, I congratulate the Welsh on winning the Triple Crown and keeping themselves in the hunt for a third Grand Slam in seven years.

thats two games teams wales have beat without winning!!!

Kryton57

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    I’d argue that there was more skill than luck in the Williams try, and more luck than skill in ChargeDown Charlie’s tries.

Really? Its been 15 years since I play in the county leagues, and even I know you don’t go into a ruck / maul with the ball tucked under your elbow sticking out of the side like Laws did, but firmly tucked in your gut until one of your players rips it back out of harms way.

That, no Full back or S /Half in place for cover as we were on the back foot allowed that try in. Poor play England IMO.

Agree with the Catflap comments though, although there’s tiny argument that says the player had to be there in the first place…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So – anyone giving Scotland a chance?

Having entered this six nations on a wave of optimism after edinburghs great results in the HC I have now swung into a pit of darkest despair on the back of inept selection and performance so far in the 6N. Anyone got any optimism for me or do I have to rely on my welsh granny for a ray of sunshine?

🙁

brakes
    Free Member

I’ll be rooting for them Uncle Jeremy
    if they can sort out their discipline they might do ok – hope for a tight closed game and a belligerent ref on their side, and a vocal Murrayfield crowd singing them on…

zokes
    Free Member

Wrecker you miss the point which is that wales are not that good

I’m not sure we were being told this message before the match – quite the contrary actually. Most Welsh rugby supporters could quite easily have been mistaken for English football supporters for the past week or so.

Pigface
    Free Member

Like you would know in Adelaide 🙄

anagallis_arvensis

Scott Williams took his try very well, great pace and good execution.

anagallis_arvensis

Oh christ zokes has arrived to tell me i’m racist and shouldnt be a teacher.

anagallis_arvensis

TJ scotland have a chance because your front five is strong. Its a slim chance though.

zokes
    Free Member

Sorry, A_A, your charming temperament seems to have let you down again.

Like you would know in Adelaide

Y’know, there’s this thing called the internet these days – lets you know what’s happening all over the world. You can even read British websites, and there’s this thing called Facebook too 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Now now children!

Pigface
    Free Member

Show me these sights where the Welsh have been acting like england football supporters, go on I dare you I double dare you. Put some links up to prove your statement.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oi

Behave!

loum
    Free Member

I fancy Scotland to win today, they are far better than their results so far, and have not had any luck yet.
    Then again, I thought England would win today, but they did play well. So did Wales too, and Ireland.

Wales experience showed. They now know how to play with 14, and when its worth taking a yellow. Very proffesional victory. They’ll need to improve to beat the French, but home advantage should help.

Farrell looked good and didn’t deserve to lose. England FH for a long time to come, and a good shout for the Lions squad. 😉
    Good to see Sexton back on form too. 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

TJ whats its got to do with you, just leave it get sorted out.

anagallis_arvensis

loum…. I stand corrected on Farrel!!

So todays team:

Kearney
    Bowe
    Tuilagi
    Scott Williams
    North
    Farrel
    Phillips
    8 erm…..i’d still pick O’Brian
    Warburton
    Lydiate/Ferris
    O’Connel
    ANO……. No idea who tbh
    Jones
    Token Scot
    Gethin

mikey3
    Free Member

France off day to day,scotland by 5 points,hopefully 🙂

loum
    Free Member

Can’t argue with you there a-a,
    Be good if Ford, Gray and Denton put in a winning shift today, and fill those gap positions.
    And Halfpenny proved you right yesterday, top quality performance.
    Overall, a great weekend’s rugby. Really enjoyable.

meddle
    Free Member

Phillips did my head in yesterday, I personally wouldn’t pick him as a Lion 9, sometimes he’s magical, sometimes he’s lost. Only thing that might get him the 9 shirt is the lack of competition there.

Too slow and tries to do too much.

Pigface
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned the amazing tackle Warburton put on Tuilagi. Why did Farrel run straight into North? Took that hit very well.

Why is Strettle bleating that he thinks it was a try, what is happening to rugby players these days?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right, on to today.

I’ll take Scotland by a single score.

Yep, seriously.

wrecker
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Wrecker you miss the point which is that wales are not that good. How many players were strating their first international? Owens and Parling? Doesnt that mean both teams were brand new never played together. Christ the two welsh wings havent played more than 40 times for their regions between them.
    Wales had a very young team out, younger than the england team and beat them on their own patch.

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I seem to remember that during the RWC, this team was hyped as the next big thing. Morgan, dickson, parling all got their first full caps yesterday. Farrell had never started at 10, Manu and barrett had never played in the centre together before. The welsh team are narrowly younger than the English team, there’s only a few days in it and most have played in a RWC. Quite of few of the England team havent even played in a 6n before
    So the team which reached the semi final of the RWC couldn’t outplay an inexperienced box-fresh England team. I still think that if those substitutions hadn’t been made, Wales wouldn’t have won but what ifs are ultimately pointless. Enjoy the victory, getting a result at tickers has taken long enough.
    You may think this is daft but I would put money on England taking the win next year even now.

loum
    Free Member

meddle,
    Reddan played really well when he came on, links well with Sexton too, and is a different sort of SH. Good service, like Dickson.
    Phillips, on his day, would be absolutely horrible to play against and can be a game winner. Have to admit, he didn’t help Priestland out too much yesterday, resulting in one of his lesser performances.
    I’m sure Farrell would have been happier with his SH service, Dickson was pretty good with his passing.
    When it comes to the Lions, I think defense against Genia will be most important. He’s their best player. If we achieve parity at SH, cancelling him out, I’d be happy. Then beat them elsewhere on the pitch. Whatever else, phillips defends like another back row.

anagallis_arvensis

Strettle is Cueto Mark II

1/2p made errors running it back when he should have kicked it but he’s a hard little **** who bouces up from huge hits and runs off again. At one point yesterday after croft tried to decapitate him i thought he was going to adjust his hat again just for comedy value!!!
    Phillips always gets blamed for Wales not getting quick ball, none of which is his fault. England didnt let wales over the advantage line and so the ball was slow. Slow shit ball makes any scrum half look shPhillips is the best nine in the northen hemisphere by a country mile.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Phillips is the best nine in the northen hemisphere by a country mile.

Nope. It depends on how you want to play but his passing is not great nor is speed.

He might be the best but that is very subjective – but by a country mile? No way

talltom
    Free Member

+1 on that wrecker
    if all the hype was to believed, wales should have walked that – yet didn’t

Warburton definitely deserved motm though – excellent performance

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Re Spikey and slow ball, how many times was the England SH pinged for being of side at the scrum? And yet, no card….

anagallis_arvensis

Wrecker…. Ten pounds to the charity of our choice on it now?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.